ACCUR゠Recruiting Services is a leading recruitment firm specialized in export, travel retail and duty free for Luxury Goods and Consumer goods brands. (Cosmetics, Fragrances, Watch & Jewelry, Wine & Spirits, Food & Beverage, Tobacco, Fashion…).
Our client is a mid-size international very high end gourmet food company with Retail, Restaurant, Wholesales and on-line sales in the USA.
Prepare monthly quarterly and year end closings. Prepare the yearly financial audit. Do all the reconciliation of all accounts (bank, vendors, clients). Supervise AP/AR (Accounts receivable / accounts payable).
The ideal candidate is a CPA, with knowledge of Sage MAS 90/200 and with experience in consumer goods, retail, restaurant or distribution.
- Check bank balances (Post transfers, receipts and disbursements (if A/R-A/P have not been done or have problems). Solve and show staff how to correct.
- See if there are any inquiries or disputes from credit card companies then send them to the managers (restaurant, boutique). Managers have all the proofs needed to respond to inquiries.
- Check e mail for transactions, issues and other things to be posted, solved or submitted.
- Tuesdays – double check if hours, overtime, tips and special deductions (esp. during changes in medical/dental, AFLAC and transit check) are entered.
- Monday or Tuesday. Submit 401K contributions and loan payments
- Closing month end. Check for all entries, sales, receipts, disbursements etc. accruals and reversals if any (ex. commissions, payroll, etc.)
- 4 or 5 days after month end all entries have to be posted in order to be allocated.
- Analyze and reconcile banks, A/R, A/P, credit cards, petty cash, gift certificates. Cleaning accounts (purchases as well as PPD inventory account)
- Confer with tax accountants if any estimated taxes are to be paid
- Bill licensing fees
- See if W2 are in order
- File 1099’nd 1096’s
- Do compliance tests for 401K (involves census and Survey) for 5500 filing
- Send info to CPA firm゠to file report of foreign bank and financial accounts
- Prepare YE audit
- Fill out AETNA questionnaires and verifications
- 8 – 10 year in accounting / controlling
- Very strong level in MS Excel
- Good knowledge of Sage MAS 90/200
- Appreciated previous experience:゠Fashion, Luxury Goods, Luxury Products, Consumer Goods, CPG, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Watches, Jewelry, Food & Beverages, Perfumes, Fragrances, Cosmetics, Beauty, Wines, Spirits, Liquors, Tobacco, Cigars
- Appreciated previous titles: Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, Controller, Finance Director
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment