Our client for this Flagship Store Manager position is an international lifestyle brand manufacturing and distributing affordable luxury jewelry and watches as well as beauty products. They are opening this new Flagship store in NYC in August 2016.
The Flagship Store Manager is a Brand Ambassador and will embody the spirit of the brand. He/she will effectively be responsible for all administration for the New York Flagship Store. This includes developing and implementing processes that would help with meeting and exceeding sales targets and store profitability; providing customers the ultimate experience by successfully executing the Brand’s strategy; leading and developing a team of sales professionals in providing unsurpassed customer service.
We are looking for a retail manager with 5 to 7 years of experience in luxury retail management.
- Ensure that both your own personal sales contribution and that of your team meet and exceed performance goals set
- Demonstrates sales leadership by actively being on shop floor; works with Assistant Store Manager, and Fine Jewelry Supervisor in developing Sales Associates’ techniques so they can build customer loyalty and brand awareness through superior service
- Clienteling; ensure Sales Associates are collecting relevant customer data to assist in relationship building and using data to tailor future, personalized shopping experiences
- Works with Head of Retail in producing and executing business plan/strategy for the store, including: sales development, events, promotions, training, merchandising, etc.
- Maintains store cash handling records and reports, includes opening and closing routines, making necessary bank deposits
- Routinely reviews POS transactions, incoming/outgoing merchandise orders and inventory levels for accuracy; regularly prepares scheduled sales reports
- Oversees annual/semi-annual inventory management project
- Work with Loss Prevention Team to ensure controls are in place to minimize losses
- Supports key events/product launches; includes planning, coordinating and set-up /breakdown
- Ensures store is visually appealing by working within company directives relating to store maintenance, product placement, decorating for special events/promotions, daily cleaning
- Effectively communicates with Head of Retail regarding various issues including retail sell through, and makes necessary recommendations
- Informs Head of Retail of competitor activities/promotions
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of product; attends in-house product and brand awareness training; is keenly aware of industry and fashion trends
In addition to the above, the Flagship Store Manager has a mastered the art of relationship building. They are an integral part of the team and coach all staff members to ensure they are performing to their highest potential.
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the brand’s core values
- Recruit, guide and develop a team of professional sales staff, according to local HR directives
- Participates in staffing decisions including: discipline, training, assignment and termination, according to local HR directives
- Continually develop the Assistant Store Manager and the Fine Jewelry Department Supervisor, so they can progress with the Company as it grows
- Work with HR on assessing Assistant Store Manager, Fine Jewelry Supervisor and Sales Associates annual performance
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented; encourage ongoing dialogue with direct reports to foster new ideas and to achieve sales objectives
- Regularly and effectively communicate Company/store sales plan objectives to Assistant Store Manager, Fine Jewelry Supervisor and Sales Associates so they can achieve clearly defined sales expectations
- Scheduling; ensure the store is staffed at appropriate levels at all times
- Evaluates daily operations on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations/initiates action to enhance productivity, efficiency, effectiveness and profitability
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of sales management experience in retail or luxury retail environment, with proven track record in sales generation and overseeing the achievement of sales and profitability targets
- Experience must include: leadership, coaching and development of sales teams; performance management; stock/inventory management; visual merchandising
- Have a goal oriented approached; show initiative; be a problem-solver
- Be a dynamic team player, who can motivate their team and build relationships
- Have the ability to inspire trust and integrity in your team members
- Be able to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and a Point of Sales (POS) system
- Have superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Be flexible to work in various roles based on business needs (front or back office)
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Appreciated background in luxury goods / high fashion: Baccarat, Cartier, Crislu, Geti, Fossil, John Greed, Links of London, Michael Kors, Nomination, Pandora, Radley, Swarovski, Skagen, Thomas Sabo
- Appreciated previous titles: Store Manager, Store Director, Retail Manager, Retail General Manager
ACCUR Recruiting Services is a leading recruitment firm specialized in Luxury Goods and Consumer goods industries for their export, travel retail and duty free business (Cosmetics, Fragrances, Watch & Jewelry, Wine & Spirits, Food & Beverage, Tobacco, Fashion…).
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment