Our client operate a very prestigious Restaurant, a Cafe and a Gourmet Food Boutique in Manhattan.
The Objective of this BOH Manager (Back of the House Manager) is to manage the accounting and other administratives duties of those 3 business units (the Restaurant, the cafe and the boutique). Some bookkeeping, reconciliations, monthly, quarterly and yearly closing, monthly reporting, ad-hoc analysis…
We need a professional with good accounting/finance background who is also able to go on the field, spend time in the 3 locations and challenge each manager on their spendings. Background in internal audit, would be greatly appreciated.
- Set up all transactions and vendors information.
- Daily sales journals and revenue reconciliation.
- Maintaining, recording and reconciling prepaid, accrual and fixed asset schedules
- Inventory oversight and journal entries
- Responsible for reconciling operating accounts and credit cards.
- Preparation and filling of all tax compliance with outside accountants.
- Oversee payroll
- Month-End Closing entries, including accruals.
- Prepare, coordinate and analysis of P&L, B.S., Variance Reports, Core Cost and
- Create and post journal entries to the G/L as needed including I/C reconciliation.
- Preparing and analyzing weekly Flash Reports for CEO, COO and Managers.
- Inventory control for food and beverage.
- Process A/P and A/R weekly.
- Monitor and Improve existing accounting procedures in place to manage all
- Administration of human resources and insurance as required (Liability, License
renewal, Insurance, W. C., Unemployment and Child Support).
- Bachelor degree in business of finance
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in English (French a plus)
- Very strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Good communication skills
- Team player in order to interact efficiently with all department (purchasing, chefs, etc…)
- Appreciated previous experience: Fashion, Luxury Goods, Luxury Products, Consumer Goods, CPG, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Watches, Jewelry, Food & Beverages, Perfumes, Fragrances, Cosmetics, Beauty, Wines, Spirits, Liquors, Tobacco, Cigars, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte & Touche, PwC, PriceWaterHouse Coopers
- Appreciated previous titles: Financial Analyst, Finance Coordinator, Cost Analyst, Cost Controller, Auditor, BOH Manager, Back of the House, Accounting Manager, Operations Manager, Restaurant Manager
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment