Title: Mergers & Acquisitions / Strategy Manager (Latin America)
Reporting to: Business Development Director
Direct Reports: nc
Location: Miami, FL
Our client is a very large international Tobacco group, setting up a very strategic team in the Miami area for the business development of the company across the Americas.
The Mergers & Acquisitions / Strategy Manager (Latin America) will assist in the management of various business development projects, such as: acquisition or divestiture of existing businesses, participation in tobacco industry privatizations, negotiation of joint venture, manufacturing or license agreements with 3rd parties and various internal consulting projects. Key activities to be performed include: research and financial quantification, modeling, preparation of internal approval documents, assistance in the assessment and implementation of the projects, in line with company strategies and plans as well as Executive Management decisions. There will be a main focus on Latin America first (USA and Canada representing a little less business for the group)
The ideal profile is an ambitious investment banker interested in doing mergers & acquisitions on the corporate side. Having previous work experience in or with Latin America is a serious plus. Spanish speaking is a must. Previous knowledge or experience in the CPG / FMCG / Consumer goods industries is also an interesting plus. (Background with JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and other equivalent is highly appreciated)
- Conduct or assist in delegated business development projects from inception through implementation or rejection: Provide financial, commercial and strategic analysis of various business development opportunities.This includes information gathering in co-ordination with responsible line management and functions (GSC, Legal, Finance, CT&M, HR), validation of information, participation in field visits, quantification of various options/scenarios, preparation of full feasibility studies and authorization requests for the assigned projects, etc.
- In conjunction with functional and regional/market management, support negotiations of various 3rd party agreements required to successfully implement the assigned projects; monitor and ensure the appropriate implementation of such agreements in conjunction with legal counsel.
- Maintain active awareness of government and competitor strategies and activities throughout the operating environment to allow efficient project work and understanding of various business issues.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in Finance/Mergers&Acquisitions/Consulting/Audit.
- Knowledge of corporate and international business environment and operations.
- Fluent in English and Spanish; knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to travel internationally
- Previous background appreciated: Altadis, Altria, Barclays Capital, BAT, British American Tobacco, Citi, Coca Cola, Credit Suisse, Dannon, Danone, Deloitte & Touche, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, Frito Lay, Goldman Sachs, Imperial Tobacco, JP Morgan, Japan Tobacco International, JTI, KPMG, Kraft Foods, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Nestle, P&G, Philip Morris International, PMI, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Procter & Gamble, PWC, RJ Reynolds, UBS…
- Previous titles appreciated: Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Analyst M&A, M&A Associate,
How To Apply
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment