Our client for this opportunity is an international Tobacco/Premium Cigars company.
The Regional Sales Manager will be in charge of leading a Territory Manager team and visiting his/her territories (US South East Coast: Florida, Georgia, South & North Carolina, Tennessee,Washington DC, Maryland, Alabama, Indiana) to achieve company, division and territory objectives. He/she will be responsible to ensure the highest standards in coaching, development and management.
The ideal profile is an Regional Sales Manager coming from Consumer Goods (Tobacco a strong plus, but it could also be food and beverage or wines & spirits) and with a strong knowledge of sales in the US South East Coast. The position will be home based anywhere in the region close to an airport (Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville Charlotte…)
- Lead and manage a team of up to 10 motivated and effective sales people to achieve targets, in line with Territory Manager roles & responsibilities.
- Manage the distribution of the company’s brand portfolio within a specified Division to increase distribution/availability and maximise profits.
- Ensure strategies are implemented to achieve a high level of in-store impact and share of space.
- Responsible for the on-going implementation of a training & development plan of their sales team, with the aim to develop TM competencies in line with the role profile.
- Build effective relationships with key customers in the Division, in particular the key distributor trade and selected key chain accounts.
- Work closely with key customers, offering tobacco category expertise leading to a high level of long term support and loyalty.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the consumer products industry.
- Cigar experience is not a pre-requisite for the role but is preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a team of people effectively.
- Excellent communication, management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and literary skills with the ability to draw conclusions and make decisions.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and Outlook applications.
- VERY open to Travel (50%) and work extended hours
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs or more
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Philip Morris, Camel, Padilla, Montecristo, Davidoff, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Philip Morris International, RJ Reynold’s, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, The Edrington Group, Patron
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Division Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager, Regional Sales Manager
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment