Mid-size American international mass market fragrance company selling through the Walmarts (and equivalent) of the world.
The Sales Manager Middle East & Africa゠will primarily be responsible for driving growth of the Company’s brands business in the Middle East and Africa. Core competencies include: selling consumer goods in international markets, international business and commercial acumen, strategic understanding of distribution channels, retailers, competition, merchandising and pricing.
The ideal profile for this position is a sales professional with experience working with the middle east and experience in the beauty category (mass or high end). Experience at Fortune 500 companies and fluency in Arabic are strong +s.
- Manage business in assigned existing markets to drive profitable growth of portfolio brands:
- Collaborate with local distribution partners to identify and capture new opportunities: Expand distribution, Expand assortment, Accelerate rate of sale.
- Conduct strategic market visits. Moderate travel is required. Assess competitive conditions; meet with distributors and key retail/wholesale customers.
- Analyze business performance to identify trends at the product/brand level and develop/execute strategies to enhance assortment performance.
- Introduce new portfolio brands in existing markets. Spearhead development of go to market strategies including channel, customers, mix, positioning (assess the competitive set), pricing and promotional strategies.
- Develop annual sales forecast and marketing plan for each market
- Demand planning/forecasting: work with distribution partners and the brands forecasting team to ensure accuracy of rolling forecast.
- Work with Customer Service and Credit/Collections teams to facilitate the smooth flow of monthly orders.
- Collaborate with marketing, R&D and distribution partners to identify opportunities for innovation into new product forms that will drive accelerated growth in strategic markets:
- Guide the optimization of new products for local market through effective communication with both local partners and internal product development team.
- Partner with internal development team to ensure accurate time & action calendars are built to deliver successful launch based upon key account planogram timelines.
- Support the process of identifying/prioritizing new markets for expansion and the development of associated market entry and go to market strategies.
- 3-5 years international sales and marketing experience, preferably in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Very strong analytical skills
- And very strong in Excel!
- Fluent゠in Arabic or French could be a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Moderate travel required to Middle East and Africa
- Appreciated previous experience: Beauty, Fragrances, Cosmetics, Accessories, Watches, Perfumes, Body wash, Moisturizing Lotions, CPG, Consumer Goods, Elizabeth Arden, Parlux, Perfume Holding,
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, International Sales Manager, Account Executive, Territory Manager
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment