Our client for this National Sales Manager position is a solid fast-growing startup company developing and distribution nicotine and CDB based products. This new position will only be dedicated to the nicotine line of products (mostly vaping).
The National Sales Manager is responsible for managing and growing the company’s business by adding new points of distribution, establishing relationships with Retail Partners and their staff, distribution partners and their sales reps, and others to provide them with valuable insights about the industry, our innovative products, consumer profiles/trends to consistently exceed their expectations in our knowledge and attentiveness to their overall business needs and the growth of their overall business in the category.
Candidates should have the talent to execute successfully on these challenging business objectives. The role will do this by educating retailers, distribution partners and connecting with our adult tobacco consumers in a «1 on 1» manner with the purpose of gaining trial and transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes and tobacco derived nicotine vapes to the company’s products as well as drive retailer and influencer engagement and advocacy.
- Devise Sales strategies with the goal of increasing points of distribution, shelf space, product positioning, consumer awareness, trial, conversion and ultimately user acquisition.
- Calling on established accounts and prospecting new traditional and nontraditional retailers; i.e. Specialty retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), C-Stores, Bodegas, etc.
- Plan, organize, and execute sales strategies and territory plans.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to increase awareness and positioning at Retail.
- Achieve KPIs set for the company, team and individual performance.
- Building deep “Trusted Advisor” relationships with store managers / owners and distribution partner’s sales teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry, retail strategies and sales tactics.
- Enthusiastically promoting the marketing message and product mix through direct discussions with retailers using data and analytical proficiency, as well as using influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for our retail partners.
- Consistently representing yourself and applying company values in all business interactions
- Assess both successes and failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in Tobacco, CPG, Spirits, and/or consumer electronics a plus. Knowledge about Vape or Vape industry is Preferred
- Great communicator and able to use technology to do so (PowerPoint, Excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Able to make data driven decisions Capability to discern important factors from noise in a busy role
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn new sales technology and data analytics.
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative and be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Appreciated previous experience: Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Philip Morris International, RJ Reynold’s
- Appreciated previous titles: National Sales Manager, National Sales Executive, Key Account Manager, Key Account Executive, Business Development Manager