Our client for this Mergers & Acquisitions Manager Madrid role is a Fortune 500 conglomerate headquartered in Asia and invested in many industries. They are in the process of decentralizing their Mergers & Acquisitions activity and building a global network of M&A teams. They are starting with recruiting Managers in key locations in charge of their own region, before building their own local team.
The Mergers & Acquisitions Manager will be in charge of identifying and evaluating targets, supervise the deal and finally sit at the board of their portfolio companies in their region. The targeted industries are CPG, Retail, Food & Beverage, Media, Technology, Telecom and Real Estate.
- Researching market conditions and developments
- Devising M&A strategies, identifying sectors and companies that might be viable business targets Conducting financial due diligences
- Carrying out financial modeling that support the assessment of M&A opportunities (investment, divestment…)
- Communicating of ongoing activities with the Head of M&A and co-ordinating follow-up items as appropriate.
- Presenting findings and pitching investment opportunities at Board Meetings.
- Analyzing, assessing, and communicating to the Board of high-level business impacts and risks.
- Being the project manager of transactions, including the negotiation of terms and fund-raising proposals.
- Involving the Legal department, ensuring all the regulatory aspects of a transaction have been considered,
- Leading the transaction process from A to Z, including operational due diligence, synergy review, “day-one” readiness assistance, post-merger integration…
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with our target companies and related network.
- Managing cross-functional teams through the transaction process.
- Direct outside advisors and consultants when required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Investment Banking or Private Equity.
- Knowledge of corporate and international business environment and operations.
- Fluent in English and Spanish; knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to travel internationally
- Previous background appreciated: Bain Capital, Barclays Capital, The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Citi, Credit Suisse, CVC Capital Partners, Deloitte & Touche, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, KPMG, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, PricewaterhouseCoopers, PWC, UBS, Warburg Pincus…
- Previous titles appreciated: Analyst M&A, M&A Associate, Investment Banker.