Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Senior Manager, Supply Chain & Demand Planning (Travel Retail)
Location: Miami, FL 33126, US
Industry: Travel Retail Operator / Duty Free Retailer
Channel: Travel Retail / Duty Free
Languages: English only
Salary Range: (USD) $120k base
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k etc…
Visa: No sponsorship possible
Job ID: JO-2104-883
Our client for this Senior Manager, Supply Chain and Demand Planning role is an international Travel Retailer with an office in Miami for the Americas and managing stores in Airports and on Cruise Ships.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain and Demand Planning is responsible for all supply chain planning, forecasting, sourcing, procurement (direct & indirect). This leader will ensure that the supply chain is viewed as a strong partner cross-functionally in the organization and will proactively build collaborative relationships. This includes effective partnership with Sales, Finance, Merchandising, and Logistics teams. The incumbent is responsible for forecasting future demand, improving forecast accuracy, and partnering with leaders to identify and resolve gaps in budget. He or she will lead the overall inventory planning strategy for the company and share responsibility in specific KPI’s such as in-stock levels, stock turnover goals, days of inventory, and forecast accuracy. Will have regularly interaction with all business unit leaders and is expected to be an expert in supply chain and demand planning functions. The Senior Manager, Supply Chain and Demand Planning will lead a team, manage and coach for development while also providing guidance on the inventory strategy to assure execution and success.
- Evaluates current supply chain to identify supplier vulnerabilities in terms of sole sourcing, performance, quality, and/or capacity and initiates, supports, and coordinates efforts to identify suitable raw material substitutes for increased quality or cost savings opportunities
- Directs and leads supply chain team, establishing cross functional co-ordination priorities in order to ensure delivery and inventory schedules to support business needs
- Prepare, lead, and report on Open to Buy (OTB)
- Partner with sales to effectively manage customer forecasts and demand
- Drive Inventory strategy for the company
- Track and monitor forecast performance and provide gap analysis and corrective action plans geared towards improving forecast accuracy and the overall process.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Supply Chain team by providing actionable feedback and coaching to improve performance
- Translate near-term operational goals into mid-term demand plans, drive discipline in our operational planning and execution rhythm, continuously innovate and evolve our planning/forecasting capabilities
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on cross-functional KPIs to ensure effective execution, integration and performance of planning process
- Driving/sustaining change within the organization through stakeholder management, improving the planning process and performance
- Continuously improve the monthly integrated planning cycle including timeliness of the demand and supply plan submissions that affect our retail and distribution businesses, robust alignment with financial budgets and projections and critical meetings across stakeholder groups and Executive teams.
- Works with suppliers to maintain and adhere to vendor performance guide, to discuss metrics, provide performance feedback and forecasts
- Collaborate on pricing and costing initiatives, liability management, & replenishment programs
- SAP knowledge preferred (ERP, F&R)
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, plan for success while being tenacious at mitigating failure, make decisions and drive, and above all, be a great partner.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or minimum 7 years relevant experience, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years direct Supply Chain (planning & procurement) experience within retail with 5+ years of management experience.
- A demonstrated understanding of how analytics, business strategy, and operations work together to drive and execute strategy
- Proven success leading a Supply Chain Planning team to best-in-class performance
- Appreciated previous roles:
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s