Travel Retail Expert Recruiters
Travel Retail has been our #1 recruitment specialty since 2006, when ACCUR Recruiting Services was established in Miami. Our team of Travel Retail Recruiters has tremendous experience recruiting for both the suppliers such as beauty or wine & spirits brands and the operators, managing stores and retail sales in airports, on cruise ships, at the borders and inflight.
Travel Retail in the Americas is centered around Miami and covers from Canada to Argentina. Our multicultural and multilingual team of headhunters can assist your company recruit top talents in middle and senior management levels, wherever you need, from Head of Travel Retail in Miami to remote Area Sales Managers, in North or South America.
Over the years, we have also recruited top Travel Retail positions in all the regional hubs around the world: London and Paris for Europe, Dubai for the Middle-East, and Hong-Kong and Singapore for Asia-Pacific. Our network and experience in Travel Retail is Global!
Travel Retail Industry Recruitment Market
- The Airport stores (before of after security, duty free or not)
- The Cruise Ships business (stores on board or at the port, such as in many Caribbean Islands, where the #1 source of income is retail to cruise ship passengers)
- The Inflight Sales (based on the catalogs you can find on board with most airlines)
- The Border Stores
Travel Retail is a very global industry with several important regional hubs, where headquarters or large subsidiaries are gathered to manage several countries or entire continents. The Regions are usually divided this way:
- Europe, with hubs in London (mostly for Wines & Spirits), in Paris (mostly for Beauty and Luxury Goods) or Geneva.
- Middle East, with one almost exclusive hub in Dubai
- Asia – Pacific (APAC), with 2 main hubs in Hong-Kong (mostly for Northern Asia, including China) and Singapore (mostly for South Eastern Asia, including Oceania)
- Americas (North America, Caribbean, Latin America), with main hubs in Miami and Panama, or sometimes Mexico and Sao Paulo for a more precise focus on Latin and South America
(Europe and Middle East are often managed by one office or team, which usually includes Africa under the acronym of EMEA for Europe-Middle-East-Africa)
Travel Retail Industry Testimonials
“In a phase of growth and the need for extraordinary talents, ACCUR Recruiting Services was a great asset for us. Edouard Thoumyre and his team supported us greatly in advancing our business here in the Americas”
“For both my professional colleagues and myself, ACCUR Recruiting Services has consistently been the first “go to” recruitment firm for relevant jobs in the luxury industry. Their professionalism, clear and timely communications, and current content are unparalleled in the market.”
Other Travel Retail Categories We Recruit For
Our Travel Retail Industry Recruitment Services
Retained Executive Search
Our Travel Retail Executive Search Services Offer A Bespoke Approach with Exhaustive Search and In-Depth Assessment
Great choice if you want a completely customized option, and have high level strategic positions to fill.
Our Travel Retail Headhunters and Recruitment Consultants Offer A Wide Selection Of Vetted Talents Selected Using Our Time-Tested Process
A good choice for most executive search needs with a global network access.
Our Travel Retail Industry Recruiters Offer A Cost-Effective Way to Reach a Qualified Top Talent Pool Quickly and Efficiently
* This option is only available for long term clients and for very specific opportunities.
Our Core Search Process Steps
⇨ Initial Recommendation
After speaking with you and analyzing your needs, we deliver a proposal customized to your company’s profile and the candidate being sought.
⇨ Passive Search
We employ a variety of proprietary steps to reach out to a qualified candidate pool through online methods
⇨ Proactive Search
Employing both technology and an extensive real-world network, we find you candidates that are employed in the same industry but are not currently looking for a job
We screen each candidate carefully before they are presented to you
Rest assured that we will keep you informed of our how process is aligning to your business goals.
We facilitate the introduction and interview process with your team, including a debrief.
We provide reference check, advisory and negotiation to finalize an offer of employment.
Preparing the candidate for a successful start is an important part of our process.
⇨ Follow up
After the placement and throughout the process, we provide feedback and take your questions.
For Candidates In The Travel Retail Industry
JOB SEEKERS CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: For candidates who are looking for their next career opportunities in Travel Retail, they can use our Recruitment and Executive Search Firm as a great job search resource and one of the top employment agencies. ACCUR’s job openings are often confidential and not listed on any job boards.
We are committed to provide top career opportunities with some of the best employers on the market. If you wish to be considered for any of our Travel Retail industry job opportunities, please submit your resume and search for our latest jobs. We are not your usual staffing agency. We connect you with some of the industry leaders for great permanent positions.
Travel Retail Industry Jobs
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of companies are you recruiting for in the Travel Retail industry?
We recruit for a wide variety of Travel Retail employers:
The suppliers (or manufacturers). Amongst them, many well-know brands and large Fortune 500 groups:
- Alcohol (Wines, Spirits, Liquors and Beers), usually in the top-2 categories depending of the region. Key players: Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Bacardi, Moet Hennessy, Remy Cointreau, Brown Forman, Beam Suntory, Heineken.
- Beauty (fragrances, skincare, make up), also usually in the top-2 categories. Key Players: L’Oreal, Estee Lauder, Coty, Dior (LVMH), Chanel, Shiseido / Beauty Prestige International, Puig
- Luxury Goods and Fashion: Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Gucci, Cartier, Chanel, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, Bally, Coach, Furla, Hugo Boss, Longchamp
- Tobacco (cigarette and cigars): PMI (Philip Morris International), JTI (Japan Tobacco International), BAT (British American Tobacco), Imperial Tobacco/CommonWealth/Altadis.
- Confectionery & Food: Mars, Nestle, Ferrero, Godiva, Hershey’s, Lindt & Sprungli, Mondelez.
- Watches, Jewelry, Eyewear & Accessories: Tag Heuer, Luxottica, Safilo, Tumi, Montblanc, Swarovski.
The Travel Retail Operators:
- DFS (Duty Free Shoppers), part of the LVMH Group
- Gebr Heinemann
- and many more…
What kind of roles are you recruiting for in the Travel Retail industry?
In the Travel Retail industry, we focus on middle to senior level management positions, the most frequent ones being Area Sales Managers (or equivalent). The other frequent positions are Head of Global Travel Retail, Regional Director or Area Director, Marketing Director, Trade Marketing Manager… Additionally, there are important support positions in finance, logistics and merchandising.
What is retained executive search compared to professional recruitment?
Our retained executive search services is a specialized recruitment service that focuses on sourcing and placing high-level management and leadership positions, such as C-suite executives, SVPs and VPs within an organization. In this approach, the hiring company enters into an exclusive agreement with the recruitment firm and pays an upfront retainer fee.
The search process is more thorough and time-intensive, involving extensive research, in-depth candidate assessments, and personalized attention to the client’s needs. Professional recruitment, on the other hand, targets mid-level roles and individual contributor positions within an organization.
The process is typically faster and more streamlined, utilizing also a direct approach of passive candidates, the recruitment firm’s existing candidate network, job advertisements, and other sourcing techniques to find the right candidates. In this scenario, the fee structure is largely based on contingency, meaning most of the fee is due only when a successful placement is made.
Travel Retail Industry News
June Jobs Report 2023
The June Jobs Report, released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, showed job gains of 209,000. This report reveals a slightly tempered arc of job growth, perhaps a sign that…
Recruiting for E-Commerce Operations & Third Party Logistics
Globalization, the pandemic, and the rapid adoption of online shopping have radically transformed the demand and job description for e-commerce executives who specialize in logistics, operations and fulfillment. Today, we’re…
Job Interview Questions for E-Commerce
Here at ACCUR Recruiting Services we are frequently asked to seek out executive candidates for the E-Commerce industry, in roles ranging from Head of E-Commerce to Director of Digital and…