|Job Title||Beauty Merchandise Manager/ Buyer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Miami, FL 33130|
|Alternate Location||(relocation possible to Miami, FL)|
|Reporting to||Merchandising Director|
|Traveling||20% to 25%|
|Visa||MUST have a valid US work permit. No sponsorship possible|
This Beauty Merchandise Manager / Buyer is responsible for developing category & lifestyle strategies that align to store location and demographics. Develop sound assortment plans that focus on key brands, key classifications and key items. Manage with support of planning partner the achievement of sales, gross margin and inventory turnover/weeks of supply.
We need a buyer or merchandise manager with beauty experience and available to travel overnight about 25%. Position is based in Miami, FL.
- Develop and execute strategic vision for areas of responsibility while supporting multiple cruise line profiles (Budget, Moderate, Upscale, and Luxury).
- Create merchandising & presentation standards that correlate and support the strategic vision of the business.
- Source, develop and manage vendors that are relevant to our business & negotiate terms, gross margin, and exclusive agreements.
- Set annual & seasonal objectives for each business and measure/course correct for progress & performance (Sales, Gross Margin, and Inventory Turnover)
- Build assortments that support overall cruise line strategic merchandising vision and are relevant (productive & profitable) to each ship.
- Develop assortment mix management to deliver key item ownership, key classification impact and unique & novelty items.
- Responsible for creating a compelling pricing strategy that supports value & savings needs and can be communicated to consumers through ship signing program.
- Direct assortment planning that effectively addresses and delivers product with appropriate breadth & depth based on ship profile and volume.
- Strong collaboration with planning partner to determine seasonal and annual departmental and classification plans for sales, PPD, gross margin, receipts and inventory.
- Consistently analyze, evaluate & reset to performance of each business and brand by ship, focusing on key classifications and key items.
- Direct and manage currency of inventory, processing markdowns & DSKU identification on a timely basis to keep inventories clean.
- Develop and secure necessary IMU and GM objectives and secure market financial support to achieve product and brand targets.
- Continually update DMM of merchandising of emerging trends, market updates and new product opportunities.
- Develop competitive retail pricing strategy which delivers compelling price advantage and savings to consumer.
- Maintain competitive market awareness both in US and European domestic markets, Caribbean Business, as well as expanding itineraries, such as Asia, Australia and South America.
- Develop hard-hitting promotional opportunities and ensure consistent in stock.
- Work with brands on product exclusive and co. branding opportunities to provide points of competitive differentiation.
- Develop strong relationship with planning partner through teamwork and communication.
- Consistently act as a positive contributing force within the company in all interrelations and communication.
- Develop regular and actionable communication with Cruise Line Retail leadership, Directors, District Manager, Ship Managers and all sales support functions.
- Hire, train, develop, motivate and retain a highly talented team
- Lead and manage a team of Associate Merchandise Managers, Merchandise Assistants, and Merchandisers.
- Complete annual performance evaluations, provide feedback to grow and develop teams.
- Provide regular performance feedback to MP&D leadership team.
- Previous experience as buyer, merchant or merchandising manager
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skills required to grow and develop team
- Business Acumen; Analytical Skills to Drive Sales , Profit and Inventory
- Cross Functional Collaboration with Planning Team, Retail Operations, Marketing
- Ability to have strong influence with peers and business partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point; strong Excel skills required as the position involves creating/maintaining many complex spreadsheets.
- Appreciated previous experience: Dufry, DFA, Duty Free Americas, Heinemann, On board media, PPI Group, Starboard Cruise, Princess Cruises
- Appreciated previous titles: beauty buyer, beauty product merchant or beauty merchandising manager