Our client is a very large international company providing transportation services including rail, bus, paratransit and shuttle services under contracts with public entities. The company operates in America through a number of subsidiaries and is looking to expand its North American operation.
You will be responsible for providing financial analysis in support of tender offers for transportation services and helping drive success with an aggressive approach to understanding and assembling the underlying financial components required for a winning bid response.
The ideal candidate is a business analyst with background in finance for banking, real estate, rating agencies, public transportation or government agencies.
- Develop accurate and detailed business analysis to support the commercial team in developing responsive bid documents
- Interact with Business Development personnel at subsidiaries
- Review reasonableness of bid costs as compared to forecasted municipal budgets in support of proposed operating plans and cost of operations
- Analyze multiple operational budgets and consolidate into a usable database to support development of bids/proposals
- Support proposal/bid process with analyses regarding target margins, margin trends and consumer price index rates
- Develop, review, update and leverage quoting models to help ensure that they utilize the latest costs including such elements as labor, health benefits, insurance, fuel, vehicle parts
- Perform contract profitability analysis
- Perform business case cost-benefit modeling on proposals/bids
- Provide other financial and ad hoc support to the commercial, finance and audit teams as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA appreciated)
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical financial acumen and interpersponal skills
- Three to five years of progressively responsible accounting, financial or commercial experience with a large muti-site company with significant experience involving profitability analysis, margins and costing
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional areas and levels of management
- Ability to use Excel, Access and other spreadsheet and database software tools
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present cost information in easy to understand terms
- Ability to develop new processes and optimize existing processes for continuous improvement
- Strong Enterprise Resource Planning software skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Banking / Financial Institutions (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citi, CitiGroup, Mellon, Bank of America, TD Bank, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch), Rating Agencies (Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s, Fitch Ratings), Real Estate (CBRE, Jones Lang LaSalle, JLL, Cushman & Wakefield), Transportation (New York City Transit, Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, MTA, LIRR, Long Island Rail Road, New York City Transit, NJ Transit)
- Appreciated previous titles: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst