|Job Title||Demand Planning Analyst – Consumer Goods / CPG|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Channel||Travel Retail - Duty Free|
|Reporting to||Demand Planning / Supply Chain Director|
|Languages||English (Spanish would be ideal too)|
|Salary||USD $50k to $55k base|
|Benefits||Bonus + Health + 401k|
This Demand Planning Analyst position is for the subsidiary of a large CPG group.
As a Demand Planning Analyst you will be responsible for Sales and procurement forecasting activities. You will coordinate with multiple teams to develop monthly consensus sales forecasts along with incorporating business intelligence, historical sales seasonality, marketing plans on launches or promotional calendars and financial objectives.
Must have a previous Forecasting / Procurement / Purchasing experience in a CPG or FMCG company (Consumer Goods or Fast Moving Consumer Goods: Cosmetics, Fragrances, Food, Beverages, Beer, Wines & Spirits, Health & Beauty Care, Personal Care, Fashion, Apparels, Accessories, Watches, Jewelries…)
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) to obtain a rolling procurement plan (M+1 through M+12). The monthly demand forecasts will be used to determine material purchases to meet customer demands while staying within the budgeted inventory levels.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross functional research activities (between commercial/marketing) to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast models to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, finance and customer care to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Care departments to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Become a key Demand Planning expert using the forecasting tool as the primary business driver.
- Provide input in developing inventory depletion strategies on slow moving/obsolete stock as well as manage inventory levels of existing items, new products, and product phase in and phase outs.
- You have 2 to 5 years experience in Demand Planning or equivalent role
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting (MUST)
- Bachelor’s degree completed. MBA preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office/Excel skills
- SAP knowledge with emphasis on Demand Planning functionalities
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English (Spanish would be ideal too)
- Up-to-date US work authorization
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Cartier, Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Coca Cola, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Diageo, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, Kraft Foods, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Mars, Mondelez, Nestle, P&G, Parbel, PepsiCo, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, Unilever.
- Appreciated previous titles: Demand Planner, Supply Chain Manager, Buying Manager, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager