Our client is a fast growing company cannabis ecommerce / delivery company. The company is a well-funded, rapidly growing cannabis delivery platform looking to build out and all-star team.
- Manage local cash requirements and resources, producing regular cashflow forecasts
- Act as the main point of contact with the Banks and performing monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in budget preparation and ongoing management activities, producing decision-making support to drive profitable, sustainable business growth
- Assist with the production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and supporting financial analysis in accordance with company deadlines, monitoring the performance of the overall business P&L and balance sheet and key business drivers / initiatives vs. budget plan
- Conduct ongoing financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, opportunities and variances.
- Partner to the US sales and Ops teams, offering commercial finance analysis, challenging retailers chargebacks, monitoring customers and suppliers activities.
- Process the compensation and benefits program for Americas-based employees, ensuring data integrity and timely submission of data for internal approval and processing by the payroll bureau and benefits providers
- Ensure all financial processes for the CCP business in the US are robust and in line with the global CCP financial processes and comply with US laws
- Ensure local controls are in place which safeguard the organization while allowing the Americas business to scale effectively
- Oversee payment of state and federal payroll and state sales taxes.
- Work with the FD and external advisor to ensure all appropriate State and Federal tax returns are completed and filed; to ensure all appropriate statutory company secretarial and corporate annual returns are made in a timely manner; to ensure the smooth running of the annual audit process
- Ensure the general administration of the local Americas business runs effectively, e.g. property, warehousing & logistics
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting or economics with 7-10 years’ experience in Finance working within organizations compliant with GAAP
- Able to clearly demonstrate a proactive and collaborative mindset, and a track record of identifying and supporting the implementation of improvements in business operations and performance
- Strong organization, time-management and problem-solving skills, with superior attention-to-detail
- Advanced skills within the Microsoft products – in particular Excel
- Strong team player, able to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues based remotely across the US
- Experience of working in fragrance & beauty and/or luxury industry would be a benefit
- Knowledge of US tax and statutory accounts
- Appreciated previous experience: Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, Weedmaps
- Appreciated previous titles: Controller, Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Internal Auditor, Financial Auditor