Our client for this Financial Analyst job opportunity is a global beauty company with an office in Miami in charge of the Americas Travel Retail market.
- Act as guardian of the company assets
- Responsible for providing first class back office services to the hub
- Partner with local sales, trade marketing, and supply chain teams
- Manage/Control: support Business Controller with all aspects of monthly closing, budgets, and financial planning together
- Financial Analysis: Derive critical insights from analysis and effectively communicate specific information to drive business decision making and deliver industry leading value creation. Ownership of financial decision-making tools to shape and challenge business strategy and evaluate financial performance.
- Accounting:Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and policies prescribed by US GAAP and the company’s Finance Manual; and local statutory and government regulations to meet reporting requirements.
- Business Process Excellence:Posses knowledge of and ability to design, implement, simplify and continually improve financial and business processes consistent with a world class finance organization.
- Information Systems Management:Leverage the company’s systems to efficiently use and communicate data from multiple sources to aid business decision making.
Together with Business Controller, meet company reporting obligations & FP&A tasks:
- Support in the preparation and submission of the financial forecast updates (Plan, LEs, Health Checks, etc.)
- Support the S&OP process with business analyses
- Manage capex budget, including coordination actual reviews with internal teams
- Manage trade spend and marketing budgets, including coordination of actual reviews with internal teams
- Act as single point of contact for the business teams on all financial planning and general analysis topics
- Coordinate with A/P team to manage vendor related processes from start to finish
- Perform Ad-Hoc reporting and analyses based on business needs
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, deal with diverse levels of personnel in a multi-functional environment
- Ability to work independently, under general direction, and create organized work plans and output requirements timely
- Demonstrate creative thinking and good business judgment
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, have strong organizational, communication and leadership skills to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with all levels of management
- Well organized, can handle a fast pace working environment, strong analytical skills with an entrepreneurial business focus, responsible, and strong collaboration skills, always act with trust & integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Overall commercial knowledge; Financial Analysis, Forecasting and Reporting
- Understanding of month-close process and how it impacts P&L and B/S
- Experience in working in a multi-functional environment; profound excel skills and systems experience (working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion ideal)
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s
- Appreciated previous titles: Financial Analyst, Finance Manager, Controller