HR Generalist with outstanding communication skills. This role is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. You should have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. In addition, the candidate should possess strong decision making skills, staffing management, training and a methodical recruiting process. Highly preferred: experience in a manufacturing environment, including dealing with unions; bi-lingual English & Spanish; experience in recruiting temporary staff directly (without an external staffing agency).
HR Generalist Responsibilities
- Assist with all internal and external HR related matters.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management assessments.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
HR Generalist Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related (preferred).
- Experience in dealing with unions
- Ideally a previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years of experience as an HR Coordinator (essential).
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Bilingual Spanish/English preferred)
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Appreciated previous titles: HR Manager, HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Generalist