Our client for this opportunity is the Americas Travel Retail office of a worldwide leader in Wines & Spirits.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for developing, planning and implementing commercial strategies for DFA (Duty Free Americas) in order to achieve predetermined business objectives. Ensure effective management of Junior Key Account Manager or account specialist to deliver agreed business results. Responsible for developing strong relationship(s) to achieve budgeted sales, generate incremental volume, improve visibility and drive distribution. This role is an essential interface between the customers and the business. Coordinates and executes promotional programs as required to maximize volume and profit growth across the company’s brand portfolio
For this Key Account Manager position we absolutely need someone with previous Travel Retail – Duty Free experience, speaking spanish, available to travel 50% of the time and with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with key cross functional departments
- Understand your internal team both roles and responsibilities (marketing, finance, supply chain, etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to develop meaningful relationships with assigned key accounts that promote long term partnership
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and consistent follow up to the key principals of assigned accounts
- Be the lead point person among assigned accounts and provide clear direction and action plans
- Effectively manage and resolve customer conflict during negotiations related to company initiatives
- Conduct consistent market visits to develop relationships across all layers within assigned accounts
- Ability to assess the business and ever changing market dynamics (travel trends, currency exchange, global events)
- Utilize available data to effectively develop sales strategies that deliver company incremental volume and profit
- Assess competitive data and obtain key marketplace insights to develop effective promotional strategies that maintain volume growth or reduce risk of volume loss.
- Effectively sell in and execute all strategic marketing initiatives and trade programs w/in identified Key BMC
- Accurately develop volume forecasts that align with stated company objectives
- Demonstrate strong planning skills and ability to provide high quality deliverables within specified time lines
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and forward thinking to the key account manager or senior account manager
- Presenting business opportunities with a clear action plan that utilizes fact based data and concepts that can deliver incremental volume
- Provide consistent market visit feedback to all relevant cross functional departments.
- Share examples of market observations via organized forum and champion sharing of data and ideas across all departments
- Request resources and articulate action plan needed to optimize business opportunities identified
- Responsible for accurate budget management and invoice processing to ensure no overspend within assigned accounts
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to conduct business analysis and sales presentations to both cross functional departments internally and assigned key accounts externally
- Support the key account manager or senior key account manager with day to day sales initiatives, periodic cross functional meetings, and occasional market and customer visits
- Support the key account manager in planning and implementing promotions, product placements, allocations and other programs as required.
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- 5 years experience in the luxury or consumer goods industries for export or Travel Retail – Duty Free (Perfumes, fragrances, watches, timepieces, jewelry, fashion, apparel, food & beverage, wine & spirits, consumer electronics, etc…)
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel (50%) and work extended hours
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Altadis, Bacardi, BAT, British American Tobacco, Brown Forman, Clarins, Coty, Diageo, Dior, Estee Lauder, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Kraft Foods, L’Oreal, LVMH, Mars, Moet Hennessy, Mondelez, Pernod Ricard, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Unilever
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager