Our client for this Luxury Goods Buyer opportunity is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing pre-owned jewelry and diamond purchasing companies operating across the US, Canada, Europe and SE Asia. They buy estate jewelry, branded jewelry, diamonds and watches including the most recognizable brands in the market. They have offices in New York, the UK and Hong Kong.
Our client is in the process of opening their office in Tokyo, Japan and need to hire their first representative (i.e. this Luxury Goods Buyer)
We are looking for an all-rounder that has product knowledge within the diamond or jewelry industry to help launch, grow and tailor our presence in the Japanese market. You will be responsible for handling all consumer enquiries and evaluating the products (under the company’s product and pricing guidelines) as they are received. The company will then develop a Tokyo-based team around you.
Their New York-based team will work in conjunction with local digital marketing and PR agencies to handle all social media, search and other marketing related efforts. You will be the link between the US headquarters and the Japanese market, ensuring that all aspects of the Japan operation evolve to facilitate the purchasing growth we desire.
- Diamond / Jewelry Experience. You must have had previous experience in diamonds or working for a major jewelry brand. You will have at least 3 to 4 years’ experience working in at least one aspect of this industry, with a track record for producing output that generates results.
- Business Development. You will be capable of investigating and negotiating potential partnerships and alliances that could lead to new sources of customer and / or product acquisition. You will also be able to guide the business in a direction where we achieve growth in a cost efficient manner.
- Multi-tasking. You must be capable of managing a busy workload without constant supervision. You will be able to manage multiple projects/initiatives with differing timelines and demands without dropping the ball. Effective multi-tasking requires excellent prioritization and you must be experienced at constantly allocating and changing priorities where necessary.
- Cross-departmental working. You will be a strong communicator across the organization. Success will depend on your ability to work with the team in the US. You must be able to communicate your ideas and plans with senior management and have an open and proactive style.
- BA or BS degree equivalent required
- At least 3-4 years of experience in the diamond and / or jewelry business, with a good understanding of the industry
- Native Japanese speaker, with strong written and exceptional oral English communication skills required
- Self-starter, but also team-oriented with ability to interact with partners across the organization at all levels; ability to lead, negotiate and influence peers and members of cross-functional team.
- Appreciated previous experience: Audemars Piguet, Baume & Mercier, Blancpain, Breitling, Bulgari, Bvlgari, Cartier, Chopard, Concord, Corum, Ebel, Girard Perregaux, Gucci, Hamilton, Harry Winston, Invicta, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre, Longines, LVMH, Montblanc, Movado, Omega, Panerai, Patek Philippe, Rado, Raymond Weil, Richemont, Rolex, Swatch, Tag Heuer, TechnoMarine, Tiffany, Zenith
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment