Our client for this Quality Assurance Manager career opportunity is a large electrical wire manufacturer with a plant / operation in the Newark, NJ area.
A highly motivated individual is needed for the role of Quality Assurance Manager in a plastic extrusion and molding manufacturing operation. Using technical principles and skills, the incumbent will manage and lead the quality efforts of the site. The incumbent will be experienced in quality management systems, UL requirements
and statistical analysis. The selected candidate will be a part of a team approach for identifying and correcting problems.
- Schedule and execute testing for incoming materials, finished goods and customer requirements
- Troubleshoot equipment by taking immediate action as necessary and implement corrective actions
- Maintain accurate records of testing results and analysis
- Provide suggestions for improvements throughout the site
- Prepare and maintain reports using statistics, graphics, indexes, etc with respect to quality results and recommended improvements
- Interact with suppliers and customers as needed
- Team player who champions the programs implemented throughout the site
- The position requires a BS degree with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Must have experience with UL (Underwriters Laboratory)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Experience in implementing a QMS
- Problem solving using root cause, failure mode analysis and analytical techniques to optimize processes
- Working knowledge Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Must be collaborative and promote effective performance through teamwork with others