|Job Title||Retail & Education Manager – Cosmetics – West Coast|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Alternate Location||Greater Los Angeles Area|
|Industry||Beauty / Cosmetics|
|Channel||Travel Retail / Duty Free|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible|
|Benefits||Base + Bonus + Benefits|
Our client for this Retail & Education Manager career opportunity is the Travel Retail and Latin America office of a large group in Luxury Fragrances, Skincare and Cosmetics.
Responsible for achieving business results and ensuring Superior Customer Service in the Travel Retail channel. Grow and maximize retail sales. Recruit, develop, motivate, evaluate, coach & train in-store staff. Maintain brand image by adhering to merchandising guidelines & schematics. Plan & execute effective promotions. Communicate, report, administer, build strong relationships.
The ideal profile is someone with strong interest or experience in the skin care and/or cosmetics industry and who has worked as Regional Account Manager for luxury or fashion brands or as a Retail Manager for a relevant category of products (Fragrance, Cosmetics, Make up, Skincare, Perfumes…). VERY OPEN TO TRAVEL (heavy travelling schedule in Central and South America, around 50% of the time). Ability to work from home. The ideal profile is a professional with BOTH COMMERCIAL and EDUCATIONAL SKILLS.
- Grow and maximize the sales:
- Achieves or exceeds sales plan. Set, manage, and follow-up on monthly sales goals spreadsheets and follow up with CRs & CM. Review stock levels and monthly product orders. Utilizes all available reports to manage the business. Measures and evaluates the sales impact and seeks opportunities to target frequent nationalities. maximize sell-out. Maintains awareness of competitive activity and communicates relevant information. Seeks out business/traffic increase opportunities within the environment/area/airport.
- Recruit, Develop, Motivate, Evaluate, Coach & Train CRs, Counter Managers, etc..
- Organize and execute basic training for new recruits, and conduct brand, new product trainings. Provide CRs with expectations & responsibilities of position & review performance on a regular basis.
Verify selling techniques (Circle of Service) are upheld: consultations, how to open, close & multiple sell (IPT), sampling, etc… Coaches CRs & CMs to achieve their optimum professional development. Offers regular and immediate performance-based feedback on productivity, service levels, product knowledge, selling skills, professional demeanor, etc. Works together with retail operator to evaluate CR productivity and takes appropriate measures to improve performance or replace. Ensures CRs are trained on Global Shopper nationalities: purchasing habits, approach, selling techniques, etc… motivate CRs and evaluate opportunities to fully meet the brand’s standards. Maintain ongoing, consistent communication with in-store staff.
- Adhere to current merchandising schematics, brochures, etc… Monitor cleanliness and product merchandising of displays. Review tester and sampling replenishment to ensure cleanliness & visual appeal. Ensure window displays and animation areas are set up according to plan. Communicate “any” space & location changes or opportunities immediately. Work to gain additional visual exposure.
- Plan & execute effective promotions
- Once finalized at corporate/brand level: coordinate regional, store, and warehouse level follow through for all promotions, animations, launch events. Forecast collateral needs for store promotions. Be proactive in planning promotional calendar for each door in your region with CM and in-store staff. monitor status of current promotional plans, plan new promotions & recap past promotions. Report promotional results for each activity/event. Implement or suggest promotions targeting the relevant Global Shoppers. Be aware of competitive promotional activity.
- Communicate , report, administer, build strong relationships
- Send monthly report communicating business review, service standards, merchandising, growth, opportunities, plans, etc… Participate in Education and Sales meetings (corporate office). Follow and track travel and training budgets. Know and respect all store policies of the retail operator. Communicate and meet regularly with retail operator(client) to discuss initiatives, business, opportunities, etc… Follow through on verbal commitments. Be an active listener.
- Around 3 years of experience in the Luxury goods industry (skincare, fragrances, haircare, cosmetics).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Appreciated previous experience: Clarins, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, La Prairie, Creme de La Mer, Richemont, Redken, Guerlain, LVMH, Dior, Kenzo, Givenchy, Chanel, Gucci, Lancome, Shiseido, BPI (Beaute Prestige International), Tairo, Essence Corp, Cartier, L’Occitane.
- Appreciated previous titles: Education Manager, Sales Manager, Account Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Assistant, Brand Coordinator, Brand Assistant, Brand Manager, Retail Brand Manager.