ACCUR Recruiting Services is a leading recruitment firm specialized in export, travel retail and duty free for Luxury Goods and Consumer goods brands. (Cosmetics, Fragrances, Watch & Jewelry, Wine & Spirits, Food & Beverage, Tobacco, Fashion…).
Our client for this opportunity is a high end retail store of cigars in New York City.
The Retail Store General Manager will be in charge of driving sales by managing the retail staff, working the clientele, networking outside the store with high net worth individuals and organizing events.
We are looking for an experienced retail manager with background in luxury / high end products and with a strong interest in Cigars.
- Ambassador for the brand within his/her market, being responsible for the store’s external relations within its competitive environment – marketing, merchandising, local activities etc.
- Oversees retail store operations to company standards; ensuring effective implementation and maintenance of programs as well as meeting financial and operational objectives.
- Monitor and deliver store Sales, Dollars Per Transaction, Humidor Locker Memberships, and Profit goals.
- Achieve overall retail sales/event goals and ensures relationship building and customer satisfaction are met.
- Looks for ways to create added sales volume through product education, sampling and outside partnerships.
- Monitors all expenses and costs within the store in order to achieve positive store contribution and be in line with the set budget objective.
- Maintains store cash handling records, reports and opening and closing procedures.
- Reviews merchandise orders and inventory levels for accuracy and consistency.
- Implements inventory procedures and inventory control program.
- Demonstrates/Sells products to customers, explaining benefits, features, prices, quality, value and other information, builds the business through outstanding customer service.
- Develops information on retail customers to enhance sales; maintains customer log.
- Ensures visual standards are appropriate and support the brand image of the store.
- Ambassador for the brand within his/her market, being responsible for the stores external relations within its competitive environment – marketing, merchandising, local activities, etc.
- Educates and holds accountable sales team on company’s goals, visual merchandising directives, product knowledge.
- Plans, coordinates and sets-up for special events and promotions; including developing calendar of activity.
- Notifies supervisor of competitive activities.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and develop our people; our company’s greatest asset
- Maintains communication with Supervisors regarding retail sell through, activity recommendations to increase sales/inventory and accommodate retailer issues.
- 4 – 6 years of retail experience in luxury goods retail, or related field with a history of success.
- Strong visual merchandising skills.
- Strong managerial skills with ability to recruit, coach and train.
- Enjoys working in highly competitive, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Cigar/Pipe Tobacco knowledge a very strong plus
- Appreciated previous experience: Luxury Goods, Luxury Products, Watches, Jewelry, Wines, Spirits, Liquors, Tobacco, Cigars
- Appreciated previous titles: Store Manager, Store Director, Retail Manager, General Manager, Department Manager