Our client for this US General Manager career opportunity is a fast growing and innovative French beauty company opening up their US operation. Their US website and distribution center are already set up and ready to be taken to the next level with a local and experienced executive.
The main objectives are:
- Growing direct-to-consumer sales
- Developing the brand online and on social media, with the assistance of the HQ team
- Opening key accounts such as Sephora and Ulta using the brands success in Europe and the network of the shareholders.
We are looking for a modern CPG executive very well versed in Ecommerce, DTC (Direct-to-consumer), digital marketing and Social media. A strong experience in a DNVB (Digitally Native Vertical Brand) as a Director / VP of Marketing, or VP of Growth would be ideal! The classic wholesale distribution is secondary, as it can be largely guided by HQ. If you are a head of Ecommerce in a mid-size CPG company and you are looking for the next step of running the entire US business, this would be ideal. Obviously we need someone who is also very entrepreneurial as the team is still non existent and will have to be built.
- 10 years experience in CPG (beauty, personal care, fashion, wine & spirits, watches & jewelry..)
- At least 5 years experience in ecommerce including some years in DTC (Direct to Consumer)
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Entrepreneurial mindset! This is a very startup-like environment!
- Bilingual French and English would be a strong plus.
- Appreciated previous experience: Biersdorf, Caudalie, Coty, Cover Girl, Drunk Elephant, e.l.f , Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Glossier, Honest Beauty, Interparfums, L’Occitane, L’Oreal, Nyx, Revlon, Urban Decay
- Appreciated previous titles: General Manager, Managing Director, Country Manager, COO, Chief Operating Officer, Head of Sales & Marketing, CEO, Chief Executive Officer