Our client for this opportunity is a Tobacco / Premium Cigar company with a network of cigar stores and smoking lounges in the US.
This position is a key role within the team supporting our retail strategy and in-store experience experience for the consumer. Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, the Activation and Event Manager is responsible for maximizing sales and gross margin of our retail stores through the selection, negotiation, pricing, merchandise presentation and marketing of assigned categories of merchandise. Additionally, the Activation & Event Manager will drive in-store promotions, events and activities to increase store sales.
- Responsible for the assortment planning and for merchandising recommendations in-store.
- Reviews product offering and examines/evaluate samples submitted by vendors.
- Leads the development and execution of marketing plans designed to increase sales, volume and profits by store
- Creates and develops in-store promotions to grow retail sales.
- Analyzes sales and promotional trends for insight and opportunity.
- Liaise with vendors to drive their activations in-store; including: in-store events, cut and lights, and multi-vendor events.
- Strong understanding of retail, sales, mathematic processes.
- Participate in administering company policies.
- Oversee compliance of established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds (safe) and property, security, sales and record-keeping procedures, and overall maintenance of the stores by performing required audits.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience
- Working knowledge of merchandising metrics including comp sales, Margin %, penny profit, inventory turn, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of the basics of retail business to include merchandising, buying, retail operations, direct-to-consumer business and reporting
- Ability to make decisions quickly, based on available information, and take action
- Ability to define and prioritize realistic and specific goals
- Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions
- Ability to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Multi-task oriented, strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- BePoz and DOMO knowledge a plus
- Available to travel 10% to 35% of the time
- Strong systems experience to include MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Appreciated previous experience: Luxury Goods, Luxury Products, Watches, Jewelry, Wines, Spirits, Liquors, Tobacco, Cigars
- Appreciated previous titles: Events Manager, Marketing Coordinator