|Job Title||Area Sales Manager Shipchandling USA & Latin America Duty Free (Tobacco)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Miami, FL 33131|
|Industry||Tobacco / Cigarettes|
|Market||Shipchandling and Latin America Travel Retail|
|Channel||Travel Retail - Duty Free|
|Reporting to||General Manager|
|Languages||English and Spanish|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible. Must have a valid work authorization.|
|Salary||USD High base for an ASM in the Miami market|
|Benefits||Bonus + Health + 401k|
Our client for this Area Sales Manager position is a worldwide leader in tobacco (cigarettes) with an office in Miami dedicated to Travel Retail – Duty Free
The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the assigned duty free channel and region management. He/she establishes very close links with the trade and plays an active role in the implementation of consumer & trade programs. He/she coordinates the implementation of consumer and trade engagement programs and monitors KPIs implementation, and competitive activities. He/she will assist in developing and implementing channel specific plans and agreements while monitoring the sales activities of the accounts via compliance checks. He/she will liaise and work very closely with the Area Sales Managers, marketing and finance teams in the respective hub. The incumbent will be also working on adhoc projects related to other commercial channels in the region. The position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Responsible for effective implementation of the strategic channel development programs (sales, distribution, and promotional programs) as defined by General Manager, Area Sales Managers & Channel Development Manager.
- Monitors progress and recommends corrective action where necessary.
- Responsible for direct customer interface and trade relationship management.
- Responsible for field intelligence and data gathering through sales force automation tools provided (example: channel and consumer survey).
- Responsible for executional KPI monitoring and monthly reporting results to the GM and Area Sales Managers including sales volume, stock management and promotion activities.
- Assisting the Area Sales Managers in establishing the rolling forecast, LE, AP and SP input and plans
- Assist in developing and implementing account plans/agreements following the channel development strategy and sales compliance requirements.
- Recruit, motivate and guide the professional development of the team reporting directly and indirectly to the incumbent.
- Accept to conduct and complete other projects and activities not listed above, after being defined and agreed with line manager, in accordance with his/hers skills, technical knowledge and level of development.
- University degree or equivalent (required)
- 3 – 4 years experience in sales & distribution, channel management and trade engagement activities.
- Fluent English (required), Local language (Spanish), Knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Computer literate
- Financial Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Process/Project Management
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Analysis & Problem solving
- Trade Research, Trade Segmentation
- Merchandizing Management
- Key Account Management
- Distribution Management
- Territory & Field Force Planning & Management
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skill
- Appreciated previous experience: Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Philip Morris International, RJ Reynold’s, Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Mars, Unilever, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Coty
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Account Executive, Regional Sales Executive, Account Manager