Title: Area Sales Manager Reporting to: Regional Director Direct Reports: none Industry: Tobacco/Cigar Job ID: 91 Status: CLOSED Location: Miami or Fort Lauderdale, FL Compensation: $90k to $100k base + bonus
Our client for this opportunity is the Americas Travel Retail office of a large international tobacco group.
The Area Sales Manager will be in charge of visiting his territories (North America Travel Retail) to develop the business through a network or agents and distributors in the Duty Free / Travel Retail market.
Ideally we would like someone who comes from the travel retail industry, willing to step up to a more senior Area Sales Manager level (tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, fragrances, Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, liquors, etc…)
- Responsible for effective implementation of sales, distribution, through-the-line marketing strategies including merchandising, shelf-space, and promotional programs as defined by the Planning Group. Monitors progress, as well as the quality of materials used and recommends corrective action where necessary.
- Responsible for field intelligence and data gathering through sales force automation tool provided
- Responsible for executional KPI monitoring and reporting results to the GM including sales volume, pricing, stock management and brand listings
- Responsible for direct customer interface and trade relationship management.
- Responsible for establishing the rolling forecast, planning and marketing strategy for the assigned territory.
- In conjunction with the GM and support functions, initiate/terminate 3rd party relationships (contracts) regarding in-store promotional and advertising activities.
- Responsible for territory management, field force deployment decisions as well as coaching, developing and motivating personnel on the field.
- Responsible for the market/area P&L.
- Responsible for developing and implementing (key) account plans and agreements and monitor (key) accounts compliance.
- Responsible for the execution and evaluation of consumer and trade marketing programs.
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- 3 to 5 years experience in the luxury or consumer goods industries, latin american local markets or travel retail (Perfumes, fragrances, watches, timepieces, jewelry, fashion, apparel, food & beverage, wine & spirits, consumer electronics, etc…)
- Spanish fluency appreciated
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel internationally and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Very good skills with Excel and the rest of MS Office
- Appreciated previous experience: Bulgari, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute, Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, Japan Tobacco International, JTI, Philip Morris International, PMI, RJ Reynolds, Bacardi, Diageo, LVMH, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Remy Martin, William Grant & Sons
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager
- Annual base: $90k to $100k depending on experience
- Plus bonus
- Full benefits package
How To Apply