|Job Title||Area Sales Manager Travel Retail APAC, Tobacco, Singapore or HK|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Alternate Location||Or Hong-Kong or anywhere else in the region (Home based)|
|Channel||Travel Retail / Duty Free|
|Reporting to||Global Head of Travel Retail|
|Languages||English fluent + ideally another language|
Our client for this Area Sales Manager role in Travel Retail is a large independent international Tobacco group.
The objective of this Area Sales Manager role to develop Travel Retail in the Asia Pacific Travel Retail market. You will be handed the existing business, initially opened by the headquarters and you will be in charge of representing the group in the region, developing those accounts and opening more.
We are looking for a Travel Retail professional, ideally with strong experience in Tobacco in the Asia Pacific Region. Previous experience from the Tobacco Big 5’s would be really appreciated.
- Investigate the duty free markets, competitors and trends in the regions of responsibility
- Identify new profit streams, establish contacts with potential customers
- Responsible for new business development in the Travel/Duty Free channel (airport retail, border shops, cruise retail and on-board/in-flight trade)
- Manage and develop international accounts in the duty free channel through all phases of the sales cycle
- Plan and execute promotional programs as per set budgets; implement new initiatives to drive product awareness and to gain market share for brands
- Achieve agreed levels of sales and profit in the region
- Execute channel specific trade marketing and merchandising activities
- Market intelligence and customer information tracking
- Management of all export documentation, shipping/duty formalities, etc.
- Make sure products comply with the relevant legal regulations.
- University degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or other related
- 5+ years sales experience in a multi-national FMCG organization (Tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, wines, spirits, alcohol, liquors, beers, adult beverages OR Travel Retail / Duty Free)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated strong work ethic
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills; additional foreign language is desirable
- Excellent MS Office experience required with proven proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Analytical ability and quick solving problems with negotiation skills
- A proactive approach and a high level of energy
- Flexibility and willingness to frequently travel abroad
- Appreciated previous roles: Regional Sales Manager, Regional Sales Director, Area Director, Regional Director, Area Sales Manager, International Sales Manager, Travel Retail Manager, Duty Free Regional Manager.
- Appreciated previous experience: AB Inbev, Alexander James, Altadis, Altria, Bacardi, BAT, British American Tobacco, Brown Forman, Camus Cognac, Constellation Brands, Diageo, The Edrignton Group, Gallo, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, PMI, Philip Morris International, Premier Beverage, Remy Cointreau, Republic National Distributing, RJ Reynolds, SAB Miller, Southern Wine & Spirits, Stoli, WEBB, William Grant & Sons