Our client for this Area Sales Manager role in Travel Retail is a large international Tobacco group.
The objective of this Area Sales Manager role is to take care of smaller accounts and markets to support the Americas Regional Manager in achieving sales and profitability goals for the travel retail / duty free channel in the Americas.
We are looking for a rather junior sales executive with either experience in Travel Retail / Duty Free or in Tobacco / Cigarettes. The ideal candidate will be available to travel 50% of the time and speak Spanish fluently.
- In charge of smaller accounts and markets under the supervision of the Regional Manager
- Implement sales and marketing strategies on assigned markets
- Monitor sales forecasts and marketing budgets on assigned territories
- Watch competition and market trends.
- Enforce usage of KPI by customers to successfully reach goals
- Understand price and margin structures
- Ensure proper implementation of brand guidelines by customers.
- Manage proper assortment by region and customers depending on consumer habits.
- 3-4 years experience in sales of tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, wines, spirits, alcohol, liquors, beers, adult beverages OR Travel Retail / Duty Free
- Other experience in CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) and FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) strongly appreciated.
- Good knowledge of distributor management
- Good management, leadership and communication skills.
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills and strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Appreciated previous roles: Area Sales Manager, Area Sales Executive, Key Account Manager, International Sales Manager.
- Appreciated previous experience: AB Inbev, Alexander James, Altadis, Altria, Bacardi, BAT, British American Tobacco, Brown Forman, Camus Cognac, Constellation Brands,゠Diageo, The Edrignton Group, Gallo, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, PMI, Philip Morris International, Premier Beverage, Remy Cointreau, Republic National Distributing, RJ Reynolds, SAB Miller, Southern Wine & Spirits, Stoli, WEBB, William Grant & Sons