Title: Area Sales Manager – Travel Retail
Reporting to: Director of International Sales
Direct Reports: nc
Industry: Luxury Fragrances
Status: ACTIVE —————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Location: Dubai, UAE
Our client for this opportunity is the Travel Retail team of a large international cosmetics and fragrances company.
The Area Sales Manager will be in charge of developing sales on his/her territory (Middle East), on both the sell-in and the sell-out aspects. meeting with buyer, planning orders, activities, budgets for each year. Visiting store to verify the proper implementation of the plan, etc…
The ideal profile is a bilingual (English and Arabic, Italian appreciated) sales executive with previous experience in Travel Retail / Duty Free. Could come from any luxury goods category (Fragrance, Cosmetics, Watches, Jewelry, Leather Goods, Accessories, Wines Spirits…)
- P&L management
- Track sales performance against goal; provide feedback/strategies to generate incremental sales; motivate sales staff to perform/overachieve.
- Proactively monitor retail sales, stock levels by POS to avoid low/out-of-stock situations, product misallocation or over stocks at POS.
- Maintain the appropriate brand stock levels and assortment in specified locations through the maintenance of the brand productivity program and communication with the Retail Analyst.
- Maintain brand presentation standards: counters, wall bays, visuals, product merchandising, stock, signage and testers
- Negotiate and ensure space agreements are respected at POS.
- Ensure price strategy is presented at the POS level.
- Ensure focus on priority of achieving high level of customer service with presence on selling floor during peak selling periods.
- Lead sales staff team.
- Ensure BA presentation guidelines are followed; provide coaching and training and ensure that sales techniques taught by trainers are properly used.
- Manage and coordinate the brand promotion process.
- Execute all marketing programs: spiff, GWP, contests, and brochures.
- Examine sales results; expenses and activities on a monthly basis in order to ensure sales and financial objectives are obtained.
- Provide monthly updates/reports on key accounts to GM covering all aspects of the business.
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- 3 to 5 years experience in the luxury or consumer goods industries, Middle East travel retail (Perfumes, fragrances, watches, timepieces, jewelry, fashion, apparel, food & beverage, wine & spirits, consumer electronics, etc…)
- Bilingual English and Arabic
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel internationally and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Blancpain, Breguet, Bulgari, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, La Prairie, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, Richemont, Rolex, Swatch, Tag Heuer, YSL Beaute
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager
How To Apply