Our client for this opportunity is the Americas Travel Retail of a very famous Luxury Fragrances and Cosmetics Group.
The Area Sales & Training Manager will be in charge of managing the existing Travel Retail/ Duty Free accounts and develop them, by negotiating retail spaces and purchase orders, as well as visiting points of sales across the Americas (mostly airport stores, but also inflight and cruise lines) to ensure proper field implementation of the strategy.
We need a Area Sales & Training Manager who has a strong retail experience and who is able to train beauty advisor, read retail sales report and negotiate with buyers. It is a very well rounded opportunity ideal for someone who has a strong business acumen and training/retail experience. The role is the only link between the beauty advisors and the regional director, so we need someone who can act as a trainer and an Area Sales Manager at the same time.
- Responsible for the recruitment, on-boarding, and management of the sales team (about 15 Beauty Advisors)
- Responsible for the final construction of Training Packages and Sales Techniques
- Responsible for all BA and Generic Staff Trainings
- Coordination of the production and distribution of Uniforms
- Liaison with the group’s domestic marketing and training counterparts
- Responsible for the organization of Regional Training seminars
- Management of Training Budget: Gratis, Sales Incentives (Targets)
- Along with team director, responsible for turnover of new brands
- Manage P&L of clients to ensure profitability
- Define roll-out of openings in the Americas with key retailers, propose different business models to ensure sustainable launches of new brands (Responsible for setting Retail Targets)
- Ensured retail excellence and perfect execution of door opening.
- Create the relationship and perform daily contact with all clients: Orders, Price Lists / Assortments, Marketing/Animations Plans, BA topics
- Coordinate to have all new product information sent to clients to make sure all product novelties are ordered on timely manner.
- Collect and analyze sell out information to update retail targets and maintain a healthy stock and catalogue.
- Set and track monthly sell out targets to ensure yearly sales goals
- Create reporting tools for internal team
- With trade marketing, build the trade plan for region (GWP / Sample allocation / Promo Allowances)
- Communicate marketing plans and animation plans to retailers’ operations and sales staff
- Responsible for brand image at the point of sale (visual, merchandising, BC grooming) and execution of animations to ensure optimal sales potential
- Obtain qualitative and quantitative information from sales floor (Consolidation of sales floor info/pictures)
- Understand the decision making process at the store level and create relationship with clients’ key roles in the sales floor
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- 3 to 5 years experience in the luxury or consumer goods industries, latin american local markets or travel retail (Perfumes, fragrances, watches, timepieces, jewelry, fashion, apparel, food & beverage, wine & spirits, consumer electronics, etc…)
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Good previous experience in retail or product training for the field aspect of the role.
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel internationally (50%) and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Bulgari, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft Foods, Mondelez, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Bacardi, Newell Rubbermaid, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager, Training Manager, Retail Education Manager