|Job Title||Business Development Manager, Europe Travel Retail|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Title: Area Sales Manager Europe Travel Retail (Business Development Manager)
Reporting to: Head of Travel Retail
Direct Reports: none
Location: Anywhere in Europe close to an international airport
Compensation: contact us
Our client is a key player in the beer industry around the world. Their Travel Retail/ Duty Free division is looking for a new Business Development Manager for the European TRavel Retail market.
The Europe Travel Retail Area Sales Manager will be in charge of the general management of the company’s reputation, business and brands in Europe. There is a lot of new business to open on and off trade especially in Eurpoe with the large duty free operators such as Heinemann, World Duty Free, DFS etc… But also in Global Military and Global Cruise.
The ideal profile for this Area Sales Manager position is someone with a “hunter” profile rather than a “farmer” coming from the Duty Free industry with a successful previous experience as an Area Sales Manager in Europe within a large volume and low margin category, such as beer, confectionery, some wines & spirits…
- Develop and implement a strategy for the existing and new accounts in the travel retail channel, including Airport stores, Cruise and Military
- P&L management
- Track sales performance against goals; provide feedback/strategies to generate incremental sales; motivate sales staff to perform/overachieve.
- Proactively monitor retail sales, stock levels by POS to avoid low/out-of-stock situations, product misallocation or over stocks at POS.
- Maintain the appropriate brand stock levels and assortment in specified locations through the maintenance of the brand productivity program and communication with the Retail Analyst.
- Maintain brand presentation standards on the POS
- Negotiate and ensure space agreements are respected at POS.
- Ensure price strategy is presented at the POS level.
- Ensure focus on priority of achieving high level of customer service with presence on selling floor during peak selling periods.
- Lead sales staff team.
- Ensure retail staff presentation guidelines are followed; provide coaching and training.
- Manage and coordinate the brand promotion process.
- Execute all marketing programs: spiff, GWP, contests, and brochures.
- Examine sales results; expenses and activities on a monthly basis in order to ensure sales and financial objectives are obtained.
- Provide monthly updates/reports on key accounts to upper management covering all aspects of the business.
- MBA strongly preferred
- 5 years minimum of experience in the Beer, Wines or Spirits categories in the Travel Retail industry (
- Successful previous sales experience
- Fluent in at least 2 languages including English
- Strong negotiating ability
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel internationally and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Behn, Bottega, Bouchard, Botran, Brown-Forman, Campari, Camus, Castel, Nicolas Feuillatte, Vranken Pommery, Gosset, Constellation Brands, De Kuyper, Campeny, Diageo, Zamora, Godet Cognac, Grand Marnier, Harston Cellars, Heineken, Champagne Henriot, Jose Cuervo, La Martiniquaise, Lanson, Macduff, Ian Macleod, Mhler-Besse, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Osborne, Patron, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, SABMiller, Spi Group, Whyte & Mackay, William Grant & Sons, World of Patria
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager