Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Category Manager / Buyer – Candy & Confectionery (Duty Free)
Location: New York, NY 10022
Industry: Duty Free / Airport stores
Market: US Duty Free / Travel Retail
Channel: Duty Free / Travel Retail
Skills: Category Management, Buying, Merchandise Management
Reporting to: Head of Buying
Languages: English only
Salary Range: () Attractive for someone currently employed in or outside of NYC
Visa: No visa sponsorship possible. Must have a valid work authorization
Job ID: JO-1905-730
Our client for this opportunity travel retail operator with businesses in Airports across the US. Their office is located in Manhattan.
This is a dynamic opportunity to become a key internal resource to help drive programs and execution across our airport operations. This candidate must be a quick learner and have base experience in category management, prepare to focus on snack and confection. Candidate should be familiar with pulling syndicated data, building and utilizing dynamic reports. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for Ad-Hoc category projects to analyze and dive into consumption trends based on business needs. This is a very hands-on position requiring a professional looking to quickly grow/expand his or her talent level within a fast-growing competitive brand environment.
We are looking for a Candy AND/OR confectionery Buyer / Category Manager, coming either from with the Travel Retail industry or outside.
- Category Management: Using strong analytical skills, this candidate will support our Director of Food by executing initiatives, analysis and making recommendations. This is a great opportunity to dive into and understand current segment and brand trends to bring a greater category understanding to the organization.
- Building and collaborating on packaged food category initiatives
- Revenue tracking and brand partner support
- Deep dives into sku rationalization and compliance by location
- SKU level analysis to determine performance and optimal assortment
- Post–promotional analysis to gauge effectiveness for the brand and category
- Provide fact-based recommendations for improving overall business at account levels to sales and senior leadership team
- B.A. or B.S. recommended
- 3 to 4 years of experience in Category Management, HQ Sales, Sales-Operations or related fields
- Proficient in MS Office required, highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint as well as presentation building capabilities;
- Working knowledge of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
- Data management/databases
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication
- Must be detail oriented, self-starter and comfortable taking initiative, as well as capable of producing high quality results on a sustainable basis
- Strong overall communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to effectively influence both internal and external customers/relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize work and manage multiple projects and priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent customer service / support skills, ability to work well under pressure, and professional demeanor.
- Strong team player, and ability to work across all functions of the organization
- Appreciated previous experience: Dufry, DFS, LS Travel Retail, DFASS, Folli Follie Group, The Nuance Group, The Shilla Duty Free, Starboard, Pernod Ricard, Davidoff, Camel, Marlboro, Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, Japan Tobacco International, JTI, Philip Morris International, PMI, RJ Reynolds, Bacardi, Diageo, Remy Cointreau, Remy Martin, William Grant & Sons, Godiva, PepsiCo, Coca Cola Company, Kraft Food, Ferrero, Lindt, Nestle, P&G, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Mars
- Appreciated previous titles: Category Manager, Buyer, Senior Merchandiser, Senior Buyer, Purchaser, Purchasing Manager