Our client is a confidential Private Equity backed sporting goods company specialized in Outdoor Sports.
The new CEO will be part of a new aggressive growth strategy including:
- expanding the omni-channel distribution (strong emphasis on ecommerce)
- create strategic partnerships
- help identify other acquisition targets
Please contact us.
- Effective partnership across leadership roles within an entrepreneurial organization with an ability to implement positive change.
- Strong financial acumen, P & L management experience and key understanding of levers to drive profitability
- Experience running a growth oriented, profitable business where scalable people, processes, systems, and controls are critical to the success of the business.
- Company or business unit management in a rapidly changing / disruptive industry
- Experience in the outdoor sports, sporting goods, recreational goods spaces is a good starting point, however the company may benefit from an outsider with knowledge of the various retail channels in the US. Knowledge of various retail channels / customers in the US and deep relationships with the buyers, senior executives, and members of the Boards of Directors within those businesses will outweigh outdoor sports experience
- Customer facing experience / ability to develop a brand / story to convey a strong message of differentiation in outdoor sporting goods space. Must be able to tell a convincing story to prospective US retail customers that aligns with their value proposition.
- Strong understanding in Social Media and content driven marketing strategies.
- Experience with private equity or corporate board roles preferred; excellent communicator with board members and shareholders; a true partner for the shareholders of the business
- A strong customer service orientation demonstrated through the implementation and execution of best in class service methodologies.
- The ability to bring best practices to the organization across functions and responsibility levels. A cross functional partner who relates at all levels.
- Appreciated previous experience: industries such as outdoor sports, sporting goods, recreational goods, watersports, surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding
- Appreciated previous titles: CEO, General Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, COO