Our client for this Country Manager position is a large French Wine company with a small importing legal entity in the US. Their current manager is leaving and they need a replacement.
As The Country Manager, you are in charge of managing the company on all aspect of the business : Commercial development, administrative, compliance, HR, legal and accounting matters.
- Commercial development: developing the business of the company as importer and agent through the USA with Distributers and retailers.
- Strategy : Set up your strategy for the company in short, mid and long term
- Compliance management: Manage all compliance aspects with the regulation authority for wine business (TTB, State Liquid Board etc…): Licences Registration, TTB Colas Registration, monthly statement to the States Liquid Boards, all other requirement …
- Import Clearing management: Manage all the aspect of the importation of wine on the US Territory: relationship with carrier, with custom broker, with all logistic operator at best costs possible.
- Accounting management: Manage the relationship with CPA in order to guarantee the record of all accounting entries. Collect all data required for Payroll.
- Legal : Follow up legal corporate obligation with the assistance of the CPA and Legal advisor.
- Cash Management: Follow up cash movement in and out and track down all cash need on short term and average term in relationship with group cash management.
- Sales administration: Manage all the invoicing process from the invoice to the collection of receivables, control gross margin of the operation made by the sale team to optimize their profitability. Set up of sales statistics and all kind of necessary tools to track our operation. Follow up of the A&P expenses and Depletion allowances granted.
- Stock Management: You’ll be in relationship with our Warehouse partner and manage in and out flows from this warehouse. You’ll be also responsible of the stock level in order to optimize company cash flow and guarantee availability of our products.
- Others punctual and long terms projects
- An Associate’s degree in business management or a related field; a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Commercial skill and capability of developing Business.
- Knowledge of the US three tiers system and wine industry
- Knowledge of US accounting Gaaps.
- A minimum of three years of similar experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Customer service skills to handle complaints and find solutions for problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: upbeat, can-do attitude, friendly and professional.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative and exemplifies strong ownership over projects from start to finish.
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Appreciated previous experience: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Constellation Brands, Treasury Wine Estates, Trinchero, Southern Wines & Spirits, Crown Imports, Jose Garcia Carrion, Jackson Family Wines, Kendall Jackson, Francis Ford Coppola Winery, The Winebow Group, Kobrand Corporation, Palm Bay International, The Hess Collection Winery, Duckhorn Wine Company, Opus One, Silver Oak, Ridge Vineyard, Foley Family Wines, Crimson Wine Group, Precept Wine, Vintage Wine Estates, Terlato Wine Group, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: Regional Sales Manager, State Manager