Our client for this opportunity is a French Gourmet Food company with an office in New York in charge of the US distribution.
Officer of the US legal entity, the Manager of Finance & Operations will oversee the management and strategic advancement of the organization. The Manager of Finance & Operations will provide leadership and direction to assure effective and efficient functioning of the organization’s financial and administrative operations including finance and accounting, budget development, financial planning and reporting, contract management, audit, tax, information technology, and facilities. This individual will actively build and improve current systems and processes to increase efficiency and promote a culture of strategic and data-driven decision-making. The Manager of Finance & Operations will provide direct supervision to a full-time in-house Accountant and Logistics and Operation associate. The Manager of Finance & Operations will oversee the works of every company department.
The Finance and Operations Manager reports to the Global CEO in France.
We need a business professional with good finance background who is bilingual French and English.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing the day-today activities for operational, financial and administrative matters.
- Represent the company and manage the relationships with banks, outside counsels, contractors and officials.
- Responsible for overall day-to-day management of the accounting and finance functions of the company; supervise, train and motivate accounting and operations staff.
- Liaise with external CPA for fiscal accountability and compliance with GAAP.
- Develop and implement internal controls and fiscal policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial information.
- Oversee weekly, monthly and annual closing process including accounts payable, account receivable, recurring journal entries, bank reconciliations and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Review and prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Work closely with staff to prepare new budgets.
- Set up periodic reviews of program budgets with staff and jointly decide on necessary modifications.
- Develop budget tracking and monitoring reports throughout the year
- Liaise with CFO with budget management, including answering questions regarding budget variances, payment status, unspent funds, etc.
- Plans, assigns, directs, monitors, reviews and evaluates work performed by staff and make recommendations regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, reassignment and discipline.
- Conducts in-house training regarding relevant legal issues.
- Oversees purchasing orders and budget from the mother company in France and from the relevant suppliers.
- Prepare, review and negotiate external contracts.
- Oversee space leasing and facilities maintenance.
- Maintain relationships with vendors.
- Manage organization’s insurance policies.
- Supports Retail, Wholesale and Retail team in their day to day activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field, MBA, MPA or CPA preferred;
- 8+ years of experience in related field, supervisory and senior management experience highly preferred;
- Comprehensive knowledge of all accounting functions and issues;
- Extensive experience in budgeting, forecasting, grant accounting and reporting
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues in a strategic role;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and thrives in a team-oriented environment;
- Proactive attitude and desire to improve current systems and processes;
- Ability to work independently in a growing, dynamic, fast-paced environment with extensive multi-tasking demands
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills; able to multi-task, strong follow-through skills and detail oriented
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
- Appreciated previous experience: KIND, Chobani, Clif Bar, Happy Family, GogoSquezz, Popchips, Vitamin Water, Larabar, Annies, La Duree, Caudalie, L’Occitane, La Maison du Chocolat, APC, Petrossian, Beluga, Citarella, Dean & Deluca, Epicure, Fauchon, Hediard, LeNotre, Marky’s, Modena, Olivelle, Osborne, Kusmi Tea, Michel et Augustin, Jacquet Brossard, Pierre Herme, Mariage Frere, Palais des Thes
- Appreciated previous titles: Manager of Finance, Finance Manager, Operations Manager