|Job Title||Head of Watches & Jewelry (Pre-owned)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Industry||Pre-owned Luxury Watches & Fine Jewelry|
|Reporting to||Head of Procurement|
|Reports||team to build|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible. Must have a valid US work authorization|
Our client for this Head of Watches & Jewelry opportunity is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing pre-owned luxury goods purchasing companies. They buy the most recognizable brands in the market.
They are now recruiting for the lead role for their new Luxury Watches & Jewelry Division. The role will be based in Northern New Jersey.
The Head of Watches & Jewelry will be in charge of structuring a new division focused on luxury watches and jewelry. He/she will be in charge of setting up new processes, mostly based on existing ones coming from the fashion and accessories’ main division of the company. He/she will also be in charge of building a team of watches & jewelry experts, who will be evaluating authenticity and value of goods, as well as buyers, who will manage customer service with anyone wanting to sell their products through the company.
We ideally need someone who has previous experience both in pre-owned luxury goods and in watches & jewelry. We need a business profile (not a technical expert) with good understanding of the key success drivers of that industry.
- BA or BS degree equivalent required
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the pre-owned luxury goods industry
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in luxury goods & fine jewelry
- Self-starter, but also team-oriented with the ability to interact with partners across the organization at all levels; ability to lead, negotiate and influence peers and members of cross-functional team.
- Appreciated background in luxury goods / watches & jewelry / high fashion: Stadium Goods, FarFetch, matchesfashion, Tradesy, RealReal, Fashionphile, Vestiaire Collective, Poshmark, StockX, Ebay, Gilt, Fight Club, GOAT, Rebag