Our client for this Jr Area Sales Manager position is a worldwide leader in tobacco (cigarettes) with an office in Fort Lauderdale dedicated to Travel Retail – Duty Free.
The Jr Area Sales Manager will be assist the Regional Manager of Americas Travel Retail in target delivery of sales of the company’s products within the Travel Retail/Duty-Free sector in Latin America and Caribbean (will have responsibility for markets and accounts).
To support the Regional Sales &Marketing Operations Manager’s Trade Marketing activities within the Americas. Actively seek for new business opportunities based on Market and Demographic analysis
We are ideally looking for someone who has a previous experience in Travel Retail – Duty Free with Latin America and or the Caribbean. Being bilingual English & Spanish is a must. Available to travel 40% of the time.
- Responsible for assigned markets and customers in close cooperation with Regional Manager
- Keep close alignment with the Regional team
- Implement area strategy in close cooperation with the Regional team
- Monitor assigned market budgets for the area of responsibility
- Gain a full understanding of traveller and brand trends in home and host markets, pricing development in home and host market as well as competitors strategy,
- Develop KPI’s for customers to build a successful model of cooperation
- Understanding of pricing dynamics with relevant traveller groups as well as host market and competitor prices
- Good understanding of margin structure within the trade
- Implement portfolio guidelines and brand plans
- Ensure availability based on portfolio strategy and key traveller nationalities as well as definition of winning portfolio in terms of driving share, volume, trial and account profitability in close cooperation with regional team
- Execute global and regional activation strategies
- Support the Regional Manager to achieve area KPI’s
- The job requires intensive Market visits throughout the LATAM and Caribbean which equals approx. 40% of the working time
- Fluent in English and Spanish where other languages would be beneficial
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a Sales or Trade Marketing role
- Proven experience in the FMCG industry preferably in Tobacco (CPG, FMCG, Wines & Spirits, Tobacco, Beauty, Fragrances, Cosmetics…)
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally with demonstrable experience of influencing at all levels
- Ability to deliver results to tight and/or specific deadlines while recognizing and overcoming obstacles as and when they arise
- Proven analytical and numerical skills
- Education: BA in Business or Marketing, MBA is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Appreciated previous experience: Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Philip Morris International, RJ Reynold’s, Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Mars, Unilever, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Coty
- Appreciated previous titles: Junior Area Sales Manager, Account Executive, Regional Sales Executive, Account Manager, Area Sales Executive