Our client for this Junior Area Sales Manager position is a worldwide leader in tobacco (cigarettes) with an office in Miami dedicated to Travel Retail – Duty Free
The Junior Area Sales Manager is responsible for all aspects of territory management and field force deployment (where applicable), establishing very close links with the trade and managing the implementation of consumer and trade marketing programs, monitoring the implementation of KPIs and competitive activity. He/She will develop and implement Key Account plans and agreements and monitor Key Account compliance checks.
We are ideally looking for someone who has a previous experience in Travel Retail – Duty Free with South America. Being bilingual English & Spanish is a must. Available to travel 30 to 40% of the time.
- Responsible for effective implementation of sales, distribution, through-the-line marketing strategies including merchandising, shelf-space, and promotional programs as defined by the planning group. Monitors progress, as well as the quality of materials used and recommends corrective action where necessary.
- Responsible for field intelligence and data gathering through sales force automation tool provided.
- Responsible for executional KPI including sales volume, pricing stock management and brand listings.
- Responsible for direct customer interface and trade relationship management.
- Responsible for establishing the rolling forecast, LE, AP and SP input and plans for the assigned territory.
- In conjunction with the Area Sales Manager North America and support functions, initiate/terminate 3rd party relationships (contracts) regarding in-store promotional and advertising activities.
- Responsible for territory management, field force deployment decisions as well as coaching, developing and motivating personnel in the Field Operations Group (where applicable).
- Responsible for the market/area P&L.
- Responsible for developing and implementing (key) account plans and agreements and monitor (key) accounts compliance.
- Responsible for the execution and evaluation of consumer and trade marketing programs.
- Responsible for developing sales strategy within different channels approaches to significantly expand the use of the company’s solutions to the business.
- Responsible for identifying quality opportunities for initial and developing use of distribution solutions. Develop and drive sales strategy for high potential sales.
- Education: BA in Business or Marketing, MBA is a plus.
- Work Experience: 2 or 3 years in consumer goods (CPG, FMCG, Wines & Spirits, Tobacco, Beauty, Fragrances, Cosmetics…)
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Appreciated previous experience: Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Philip Morris International, RJ Reynold’s, Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Mars, Unilever, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Coty
- Appreciated previous titles: Junior Area Sales Manager, Account Executive, Regional Sales Executive, Account Manager