Our client for this Jr Area Sales Manager position is a leading French Premium Chocolate manufacturer.
Sales focus will be to specialty food service distributors and directly to chefs at high-end restaurants, hotels, bakeries, catering companies, and chocolatiers etc in the South Florida and Caribbean regions.
Individuals must be bilingual (English & Spanish) and have one to two years of luxury or gourmet foods sales experience. Ideal candidates will have one to two years food service industry experience, preferably in pastry, post-college, will be fluent in English and Spanish, and some knowledge of French. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated sales person who wants to grow with a dynamic and growing company.
- Reaching sales targets overall for both brands in defined territory.
- Developing new business opportunities and finding new customers, which includes prospecting and qualifying leads, meeting new potential customers, making sales presentations to potential customers about the company and both brands in his/her market.
- Managing current business portfolio to make sure that current customer’s needs are met, as well as identifying new opportunities with current customer base.
- Managing the relationship with food service and retail distributors to create strong relationships with their teams.
- Identifying new distribution where necessary and working with the Regional Sales Manager South East, East Coast Sales Director, and COO to launch either or both brands (particularly in the Caribbean market).
- Creating direct relationships with chefs and end users.
- Managing company events that may include the following: Company Chef product demonstrations, cocktail parties, tradeshows, and/or pastry classes in their territory etc.
- Personally knows all key accounts and can exert his/her influence on their decisions because on his/her professionalism
- Maintains an up to date customer database.
- Assist Regional Sales Manager South-East to develop marketing plans for his/her territory.
- Maintains an up to date customer database
- Weekly reporting in Company’s CRM
- Fluent in English and Spanish (French would be a plus)
- Ideally 2 years in gourmet foods sales
- Proven experience in the FMCG industry preferably in Tobacco (CPG, FMCG, Wines & Spirits, Tobacco, Beauty, Fragrances, Cosmetics…)
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally with demonstrable experience of influencing at all levels
- Ability to deliver results to tight and/or specific deadlines while recognizing and overcoming obstacles as and when they arise
- Proven analytical and numerical skills
- Education: BA in Business or Marketing, MBA is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Appreciated previous experience:Ghirardelli, Godiva, Lindt, Nestle, Vlarhona
- Appreciated previous titles: Junior Area Sales Manager, Account Executive, Regional Sales Executive, Account Manager, Area Sales Executive