Our client for this Logistics & Transportation Coordinator is a celebrity makeup artist brand now located in the New York City area and recently acquired by a Chinese group.
Ideally looking for a go-getter who will be able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment. This candidate will be the Logistics and Transportation Coordinator working closely with the warehouse providers, transportation partners and supply chain vendors.
- Responsible for managing operations of all warehouses partnering with 3PL to ensure all SLA’s are met.
- Identify opportunities to streamline process and costs working with the warehouse. Lead process improvement projects as aligned with the Supply Chain leader.
- Coordinate with inbound and outbound transportation providers to ensure timely movement of products. This involves working with freight forwarders, custom brokers, etc.
- Address and resolve all shipment and inventory issues related to warehouse and transportation.
- Monitor shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
- Responsible for managing all supply chain supplier and vendor relationships.
- Provide timely communication with vendors, suppliers and internal partners.
- Monitor monthly invoices for logistics and transportation.
- Utilize technology to optimize processes as necessary.
- Ensure QA/QC processes are in place to ensure the quality of the products meet the agreed upon standards.
- Respond to queries related to logistics and transportation.
- Maintain detailed and accurate logistics data for daily, weekly, and quarterly reports including usage metrics, customer issues and resolutions
- Proven experience as logistics coordinator including working with warehouse providers and freight forwarders.
- Ability to work with little supervision and multi-task.
- Working knowledge of logistics software and ERP systems.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field.
- 4+ years of experience in logistics management required.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills to review reports and proactively advice on solutions.
- Customer service mind set.
- Appreciated previous experience: Biersdorf, Caudalie, Coty, Cover Girl, Drunk Elephant, e.l.f , Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Glossier, Honest Beauty, Interparfums, L’Occitane, L’Oreal, Nyx, Revlon, Urban Decay
- Appreciated previous titles: Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Manager