Our client for this Luxury Store Manager / Gallery Manager job opportunity is a successful local family owned business. The Gallery has a team of 3 Sales Associates.
The Luxury Store Manager / Gallery Manager is responsible for the commercial success of the gallery. The Luxury Store Manager / Gallery Manager is a full time salaried exempt position working at least 40 hours per week.
- Grow sales revenue to achieve gallery sales goals. Manager creates annual sales goals for the gallery and a specific sales plan to achieve the goals
- Manage a Successful Sales Team
- Hire “A” sales associates and support personnel to fully staff the Gallery at the desired level to maximize sales and profits.
- Support and reinforce sales training for all sales associates on a daily basis. Ensure sales staff meet sales targets.
- Schedule all sales associates to ensure adequate coverage to maintain payroll expense aligned with revenue without risking lower than required staffing
- Implement gallery programs and ensure sales associates maintain a book of business and gallery retains that information electronically (Shopify/Masterpiece/Drive).
- Manage/implement gallery programs (sales follow up system, artist ambassador program)
- Set and meet personal sales goals related to overall gallery revenue target.
- Work with owner to develop an annual plan to recruit top artists and set sales goals per artist. All analysis or artists is shared with Owner and an annual plan is established.
- Maintain artists working on best interests of the gallery (negotiating percentages, assure gallery presence on artist’s web sites, artists abiding by company’s contract, etc.)
- Analyze success of artist and continually recruit most desirable industry artists
- Oversee Aesthetics of the gallery – Retail mentality
- Setting methodology in place for merchandising
- Right hours of operation, holidays
- Coordinate shows and Events – establish an annual plan for gallery events and mange each for success
- Determine type of events and calendar
- Input on marketing plan
- Community relations to ensure each event is well attended.
- Create systems and procedures for a successful (duplicable) organization
- Thinking long term so it’s not a “one man show” – characteristic of leaving the operation better than when you came and that someone else could easily step into your place
- Ensure that you have a “second in command” when you are not physically in the gallery – overlap schedules to have manager or second on staff at all times.
- Effective management of staff, budgets, and supplies
- Manage staff and all aspects of the gallery in full compliance with all written policies and procedures as included in the Employee Handbook
- Manage Payroll
- Annual employee evaluations
- Manage budgets for events and supplies
- Manage inventory, including being responsible for entry into company’s systems
- Execute all buying for the gallery in consultation with owner.
- Ensure security of assets and staff of the gallery through attentiveness to all procedures related to gallery security as described in the Employee Handbook.
- Proven previous luxury retail management experience in fine arts, fine jewelry or other luxury goods categories.
- Ability to motivate people and work well with others.
- Willing and able to make the tough decisions and be a trusted ambassador of the gallery working on behalf of ownership with the end result in mind – which is to grow the business by thinking long term.
- Appreciated previous experience: Audemars Piguet, Brioni, Bulgari, Cartier, Chanel, Christian Dior, Chopard, Coach, Ermenegildo Zegna, Givenchy, Hermes, Hugo Boss, Kenzo, IWC, LVMH, Montblanc, Paul & Shark, Rolex, Salvatore Ferragamo, Shanghai Tang, Tumi, Versace, Vilebrequin, Saint Laurent, Zilli…
- Appreciated previous titles: Boutique Manager, Store Manager, Sales Associate, Store Manager, Sales Supervisor, Retail Manager, Retail Supervisor.