Our client for this Luxury Store Sales Associates / Gallery Sales Associates job opportunity is a successful local family owned business.
The Luxury Store Sales Associates / Gallery Sales Associates is responsible for the commercial success of the gallery.
We are seeking a responsible and motivated full-time Sales Associate who will work closely with the Gallery Manager to perform all sales responsibilities, from generating leads to closing sales. Our ideal candidate will deliver a professional presentation to our clientele, and uphold the ideals and standards of our gallery space. The Sales Associate should be able to effectively make sales throughout the gallery space, over the phone, and online. The position includes some administrative duties as part of daily responsibilities. Administrative tasks would include entering and tracking invoices, preparing daily sales registers, coordinating shipping and packing of artworks, inventory management, and maintaining cleanliness and order throughout the gallery.
- Greet all visitors, and attend to visitors to facilitate sales.
- Answer phones and direct calls.
- Attend to clients through the complete process of the sale: identifying serious buyers, closing, taking payment, obtaining shipping quotes, coordinating shipment, follow-up.
- Build productive and long-term relationships with clientele.
- Set and achieve sales goals.
- Suggest ways to improve sales.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Process purchases using POS system.
- Manage shipping and packing and communicate tracking with recipient.
- Communicate with represented artists regarding inventory intake and return.
- Conduct intake and return of inventory, and manage documentation and inventory system.
- Prepare sales reports for the week.
- Display inventory in a creative and compelling way.
- Maintain knowledge of exhibitions, events and represented artists.
- Represent the gallery and conduct sales at exhibitions and events.
- Work with Gallery Manager to discover targets for private and public institutional acquisitions of art, and develop plans for outreach and submissions of work for consideration. Develop relationships with interior designers and art consultants.
- Submit to open calls, in coordination with Gallery Manager. Compile and submit all applications, and track them throughout the selection process.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the gallery.
- Assist staff with other duties as needed.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Associate, Sales Representative or similar role.
- Experience with jewelry and fine art sales and/or Luxury Goods sales
- General understanding of the principles of sales.
- Strong understanding of customer service practices.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and energetic personality.
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions.
- Familiarity with inventory procedures.
- Computer proficiency in office software and online platforms.
- Ability to perform under pressure and address issues in a timely manner.
- Availability to work flexible hours for openings and events.
- Appreciated previous experience: Audemars Piguet, Brioni, Bulgari, Cartier, Chanel, Christian Dior, Chopard, Coach, Ermenegildo Zegna, Givenchy, Hermes, Hugo Boss, Kenzo, IWC, LVMH, Montblanc, Paul & Shark, Rolex, Salvatore Ferragamo, Shanghai Tang, Tumi, Versace, Vilebrequin, Saint Laurent, Zilli
- Appreciated previous titles: Sales Associates, Retail Sales