|Job Title||Marketing / Brand Director – Premium Wines & Spirits|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Industry||Premium Wines, Spirits, Liquors|
|Reports||Field Managers (Distributor side) and Marketing Assistant|
|Languages||English AND Spanish|
|Visa||Must have a valid US work authorization. No sponsorship possible|
|Benefits||Base + Bonus + Car allowance + Health benfits|
Our client for this Marketing / Brand Director opportunity is a very fast growing and well funded premium spirits group opening up their office in Miami.
The Marketing / Brand Director will be a strategic and operational business leader. He/she will develop and implement brand strategies and plan to drive sustainable, profitable top and bottom line growth in the near and long term. He/she will analyze key business drivers to identify and capitalize on consumer/competitive trends to develop breakthrough brand building strategies and plan across all consumer and trade touch points.
- He/she will be responsible for brand strategy and positioning, while ensuring brand governance and building brand equity.
- Responsible for providing guidelines for the development of strategic and annual marketing plans which encompass all aspects of the marketing mix, including price, positioning, packaging, advertising, promotion, public relations, digital marketing, market research and new product development.
- Co-develops marketing plans and budgets with Commercial Directors. Accountable for corporate brand budget.
- Continuously analyzes category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
This Marketing/ Brand Director role is really geared toward brand equity, brand positioning. Trade marketing is only a secondary focus. We are looking for Brand Manager with relevant experience coming from the Wine & Spirits industry and ideally with a previous experience of brand building. The right candidate will have to be very entrepreneurial and eager to really make an impact!
- Develops and implements advertising, digital and PR strategy and is principle agency contact. Disseminates best practices.
- Leads communications development, including breakthrough claims, brand story-telling, creative/asset development, social/digital activation plans & media planning.
- Identifies consumer and market insights. Works with relevant business partners to collect and analyze data. Leverages findings to enhance brand strategies.
- Interfaces with trade marketing and sales teams to facilitate implementation of marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to expand the business in existing channels of trade.
- Development of channel specific point of sale material and value-added packs for local economies & duty-free.
- Identifies and monitors competitive set, keeps abreast of market trends. Identifies salient business issues/opportunities.
- Collects feedback and develops program evaluations to enhance and optimize future marketing efforts.
- Leads new product development and packaging design.
- Coordinates duty-free shows and trade/consumer exhibitions.
- Monitors, reviews and reports on all marketing activities/results against key metrics (sale, share, ROI, brand health equity measures, consumer engagement, etc) and adjusts strategies/tactics as necessary to achieve desired business results.
- Continually seeks out ways to improve marketing effectiveness/ROI measures.
- Maintains a regular reporting procedure to the CEO, assisting with Board-level reporting and special projects as required.
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years classic FMCG marketing experience; spirits/beverage experience a plus.
- Experience working with millennial consumers.
- US work experience required.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire team, distributor marketing personnel and Board of Directors.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Exhibits a passion to work for a small, entrepreneurial, mission-based organization.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish), Bi-Cultural mandatory.
- Strong strategic, analytic and creative skills.
- Excellent/impactful presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple significant priorities, meet deadlines and thrive in constantly changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to function independently, as well as work effectively with all levels of the organization, including distributors.
- Attention to details a must.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented ethics and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Bardinet, Beam Suntory, Brown Forman, Campari, Constellation Brands, Distell, Camus Cognac, Diageo, Jose Cuervo, LVMH, Marie Brizard, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Patron Spirits, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Stoli, Edrington, WEBB, William Grant & Sons, Zamora, etc.
- Appreciated previous titles: Marketing Director, Brand Director, VP of Marketing