Our client for this opportunity is a very large and well known wine distributor/importer from Europe.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of the Wine Industry in general and in the US and knows imported and national fine wines as well as the competition in this sector. We are looking for someone with strong relations/introductions to all big national retailers as Cosco, Total Wines, Wegman’s, ABC Wines &Spirits, Wholefoods, Trader Joes, Walmart, Sam’s club etc..
- Managing an existing and well established market spanning across 10+ Eastern States from Florida to Maine.
- Developing new markets, handling type A+ accounts (on & off premise) nationwide.
- Building a strong relationship with Chateau owners/managers/key contacts
- Communicating with the back office to review inventory and pricing
- Managing promotion campaigns
- Strong knowledge of the Wine Market in the US and abroad is required.
- Current distributor sales professionals, or individuals with fine wine retail and on premise experience. Knowledge of the competition
- Knowledge of competitive landscape, and fine wine knowledge
- Should be able to travel nationally and internationally
- Strong work ethic, relationship building skills, and a track record of success.
- Good technical abilities (Excel, Database driven tools, etc.) and financial understanding for reporting and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Constellation Brands, Treasury Wine Estates, Trinchero, Southern Wines & Spirits, Crown Imports, Jose Garcia Carrion, Jackson Family Wines, Kendall Jackson, Francis Ford Coppola Winery, The Winebow Group, Kobrand Corporation, Palm Bay International, The Hess Collection Winery, Duckhorn Wine Company, Opus One, Silver Oak, Ridge Vineyard, Foley Family Wines, Crimson Wine Group, Precept Wine, Vintage Wine Estates, Terlato Wine Group, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: National Key Account Manager, National Chain account Manager, Sales Director, Key Account Director