Our client゠is a very large French Group in Bread & Bakery products opening an office in NYC and focused on the East Coast. They are taking over their distributors business and already have close to 1000 points of sales.
Ensure smooth operation of supply chain from forecasting needs to French plants, coordinating frozen maritime shipping, controlling reception by warehouses in the US, and to optimizing routes to markets.
We need゠a supply chain and logistics professional, ideally fluent in French, who knows the US logistics business more than anything. The right candidate also needs to be motivated to work with a small team in a very entrepreneurial setup!
- Established the production forecast with the French & Belgium factories based on the sales forecasts & the stock level
- Managing the existing warehouses & logistic partners
- Continuous improvement of the supply chain (routes; costs; partners…)
- In charge of all logistics aspect from the factories to the stores (production; customs; warehouse; delivery)
- Planning and controlling change.
- Managing quality assurance with each factory quality managers
- Assisting sales team to find a route to market for new clients
- Managing the supply chain budget
- Bachelor Degree in supply chain or related topics
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience
- Business oriented, Effective communication, Building Relationships, Managing Processes, Developing Budgets.
- Effective at supply chain management
- Strong initiative & leadership
- Knowledge of the food industry could be a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit / Motivated to work in a start up companyAppreciated previous experience: KIND, Chobani, Clif Bar, Happy Family, GogoSqueez, Popchips, Vitamin Water, Larabar, Annies
- Appreciated previous titles:゠Logistics Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Import Manager