Our client for this opportunity is a large group in Luxury Fragrances, Skincare and Cosmetics.
Drive retail sales at the store level (for more details, see the job description below).
The candidates for this job must have at least 5 years of retail experience in Cosmetics, Fragrances, or similar categories with strong managerial and visual merchandising skills, result driven, detail oriented, analytical with a clear understanding of retail operations and store needs. Must be based in New York City.
The main responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Drive retail sales at the store level in the US North East territory – Duty Free (airports)
- Build in-store and client relationships with all levels of management and selling teams
- Develop a Special Events calendar and implement, along with merchandising objectives, with in-store selling teams
- Sell company programs to store management and receive support for execution of our company Sales and Marketing and Events calendars
- Recruit, train, motivate, and develop our people; our company’s greatest asset
- Educate our selling teams and account sales staff about the company’s goals, visual merchandising directives and product knowledge
- Provide direction to 30 Beauty Advisors regarding company goals and objectives
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to Beauty Advisors
- Meet with clients to discuss marketing and action-plans, preparation of monthly orders and strategies to meet the annual budget purchases
- Close follow-up on each activity (implementation of animations, purchasing and sell-out, etc)
- Achieve overall retail sales and event goals and ensure relationship building and customer satisfaction
- Look at ways of creating added sales volume through animation and knowledge of product
- Frequent visit to the point of sales to optimize the brands’ image and performance
- Communicate store events to the staff
- Re-enforce standards of the counter in image and hygiene practices and merchandising
- Delegate and follow up on daily counter responsibilities required by Beauty Advisors
- Must communicate daily, monthly, and individual sales goals to the Area Sales Managers
- Assist in effective bookings, coach, and monitor results
- Must maintain collateral and stock control
- 4-6 years of retail experience in Cosmetics, Fragrances, Beauty, or related field with a history of success (travel retail – duty free would be a plus)
- Strong managerial skills with ability to coach and train. Enjoy working in highly competitive, fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills (spanish and english), as well as good visual merchandising skills
- Proven ability to recruit
- Good planning and organizational skills. Ability to anticipate problems and think ahead
- Available to travel around 50% of the time.
- Attention to details, Initiative is a must
- Appreciated previous experience: Cartier, Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute
- Appreciated previous titles: Regional Sales Manager, Retail Sales Manager, Store Manager, Sales Associate, Sales Representative