Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager – Northeast (Imported Wines)
Location: New York, NY
Alternate location: or Northern New Jersey
Industry: European Wines
Market: NY, NJ, VA, MD, DE and DC
Channel: On & Off Premise
Reporting to: US Managing Director
Traveling: 75% of the time
Visa: No sponsorship possible
Job ID: JO-1612-458
Our client for this opportunity is a very large and well known wine distributor/importer from Europe.
This person will be responsible for all on and off premise sales aspects, distributor management, sales meetings, new item presentations, brand kickoffs, work withs, pricing and promotions, and budget management. This could include hosting wine tastings and dinners, promotions, etc.
NY, NJ, VA, MD, DE and DC
This person has a genuine interest in wine, a strong sense of ethics and excellent knowledge of both on and off premise sales.
- Assist and support distributor sales team on calls regularly
- In field 4 days per week making account visits/calls with or without distributor sales staff. (Chains accounts, on and off premise accounts)
- Develop contacts and relationships with customers
- Maintain regular communication with distributors
- Work cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met
- Service accounts from a Merchandising perspective including presenting portfolio for shelf distribution, display opportunities or wine list placement.
- Develop the sales of the Company’s wine portfolio by working with distributors and key retailers in the specified territory.
- Utilize company systems for sales management Tracking of key accounts activity
- Attend after hour events and meetings on occasion
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding company sales goals and timely execution of all company initiatives, programs, and procedures
- Manage all distributors in his/her assigned territory
- Achieve annual depletion and shipment goals, profit goals and performance goals in area of responsibility.
- Interface with distributor partners at all levels and educate them on brands.
- Manage allocations by SKU, by market and manage target account goals.
- Audit distributor bill-backs and take corrective action if needed.
- Participate in trade and consumer tasting events.
- Provide senior management with accurate and timely information necessary to improve business. Includes advising Miami Office of competitive pricing, promotions, sales trends and other competitive activity as well as a reasonable action plan.
- Provide Miami Office with required reports such as weekly accomplishment report, regional account updates, top 100 updates, work-with schedules, and allocation and depletion reports by market.
- Manage distributor inventory levels in conjunction with distributor to avoid any out of stock issues.
- Interface with Compliance Department to ensure State and Federal compliance in region.
- Must be familiar with the market overall and have established working relationships with key accounts including the chain market, on and off premise, as well as distributors.
- Goal oriented with a proven track record of achieving sales goals, distribution objectives, increasing case volume, developing relationships, creating programs, launching new products, growing new and existing business and managing business profitability.
- Experience in making account visits, managing relationships with distributor sales staff and management levels
- Mobility within the territory (vehicle)
- Must have at least 3-4 years distributor wine and spirits sales experience within this territory
- Established successful sales history
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Must have strong leadership, motivation and persuasive communication skills
- Strong business related writing and math skills with full knowledge of distributor pricing models.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to handle a variety of duties
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good product knowledge.
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems effectively
- Ability to lift, push and pull 30 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability and desire to travel frequently for meetings, market visits and presentations.
- Understanding of respective state compliance and liquor laws.
- Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills as well as the ability to close deals.
- Appreciated previous experience: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Constellation Brands, Treasury Wine Estates, Trinchero, Southern Wines & Spirits, Crown Imports, Jose Garcia Carrion, Jackson Family Wines, Kendall Jackson, Francis Ford Coppola Winery, The Winebow Group, Kobrand Corporation, Palm Bay International, The Hess Collection Winery, Duckhorn Wine Company, Opus One, Silver Oak, Ridge Vineyard, Foley Family Wines, Crimson Wine Group, Precept Wine, Vintage Wine Estates, Terlato Wine Group, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: Regional Sales Manager, State Manager