Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Sales & Design Consultant (Luxury Furniture)
Location: New York, NY
Industry: Interior Design, Luxury Furniture
Market: Great NYC area and North East region in general
Reporting to: Showroom Manager
Traveling: Some local travels
Languages: English + ideally Italian, Spanish or Portuguese fluency
Salary Range: () Base salary + Commissions (Total target above $100k)
Benefits: Health Benefits
Visa: No sponsorship possible. Must have valid work authorization
Job ID: CW23-001
Remote work policy: On-site
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Company size: Medium (50-1000 ppl)
Our client of this Retail Sales & Design Consultant opportunity is a very high end luxury design and furniture company with showrooms around the world including one in NYC.
Responsible for devising strategies to promote and sell products or services to customers and clients Serve as liaison between clients and Company to ensure requirements of customers are met.
- Identify the needs of a customer and provides a choice for meeting those needs through purchase of products and services
- Meet or exceed the monthly sales quotas
- Respond to request from customers for information and give on line demonstrations to educate about products
- Provide input and recommendations to the Showroom Manager on merchandise requirements, promotional pricing needs, store layout changes and any other showroom and sales requirements.
- Assist in scheduled physical inventory control
- Coordinate ordering, receiving and delivery of products in a timely manner
- Use appropriate office technologies and computers to process and track orders via ACT software
- Assist with special projects such as trade shows and display changes
- Represent Company in scheduled Events
- Telephone prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline (Architects, Interior Designers and Developers)
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on products changes and developments.
- Demonstrate proactive search of potential clients when not assisting clients on the floor by
- Pursue sales by researching and contacting sales prospects including top Architects, Interior Designers and Developers over the phone or via e-mail and inviting them to future events.
- Researches and refines database
- Visits clients outside the Showroom when needed
- Good communication skills both written and verbal,
- Negotiations Skills –
- Must be Innovative and Persuasive,
- Good Networking Skills,
- Energetic and Confident,
- Observation and Analytical Skills,
- Professional Demeanor,
- Ability to work weekends, and some nights,
- Ability to travel as needed,
- Ability to close sales.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, AutoCad,
- Knowledge of Interior Design
- Bachelor degree in Architecture or related field with a minimum of two (2) years sales, interior design experience
- Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish, English/Italian, and English/Portuguese
- Appreciated previous experience: Lilian August, Roche-Bobois, Mitchell Gold, Cassina, B&B Italia, Flair, Ligne Roset, BIF
- Appreciated previous titles: Retail Brand Ambassador, Sales Associate