This position is remote, but ideally centered around White Plains, NY in order to easily cover the assigned territory.
Our client for this Sales Director opportunity is a craft beer brewery and distribution company operating and self-distributing in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.
The role of this individual is to increase sales in both on and off premise accounts in our local distributions markets. To that end:
- Hires and trains regional and local sales managers and staff.
- Creates sales goals – and corresponding commissions/bonuses – for the sales teams in each market to promote measurable sales growth.
- Regularly evaluates and reviews sales team based on established goals.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and day-to-day performance of sales team members.
Since the company is self distributing, they do NOT need a sales director knowing how to manage a distributor in a 3-tier distribution system. But they need a field person, directly managing the sales reps. The ideal candidate would come from a distribution company with experience both with on-premise account and off-premise accounts.
- Collaborates with owners to develop sales goals and strategies within each market.
- Assigns territories and sets goals for sales teams.
- Provides leadership to the sales team.
- Motivates and encourages sales team to ensure sales goals are met.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales and product needs, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new sales avenues.
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales and marketing efforts.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Prepares sales budget; monitors and approves expenses
- Performs other duties as assigned/needed.
- 5-7 years experience in beer, wine or spirits would be ideal
- 3-5 years of field sales team management
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Bachelors degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field
- Appreciated previous titles: Sales Director, Sales Manager, Regional Manager, Area Sales Manager, District Manager
- Appreciated previous experience: Southern Wine & Spirits, Republic National Distributing, Breakthru Beverage Group, Young’s Market, Empire Merchants, The Winebow Group, Johnson Brothers Liquor Co, Heidelberg Distributing