|Job Title||Sales Manager Florida – Gourmet Food|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Industry||Imported Gourmet Food|
|Market||Focus on Miami, then the rest of Florida, and coordination for the Southern half of the US|
|Channel||On and Off-Premise (Distributors, eCommerce, Gourmet Food Stores, Hotels, Restaurants)|
|Reporting to||International Sales Director|
|Languages||Bilingual English & Spanish|
|Visa||Require a valid US work permit (no sponsorship possible)|
|Salary||USD $65k to $75k + 30% bonus|
|Benefits||Car allowance + Health Insurance + 401k|
Our client for this Sales Manager role is a very well known Family owned company from Spain with 2 main divisions: Gourmet Food (high end Iberian ham) and Premium Wines & Spirits.
As a Sales Manager for their Gourmet Foods division, you will be in charge of managing existing accounts in the good food distribution and opening new ones in the Miami / Florida area. You will also run promotional activities and tasting events. The role has a important brand ambassador aspect too!
We need someone with strong sales experience in the gourmet food category who knows ideally the distributors, the gourmet food/delicatessen retail stores and the high end foodservice account (hotel, restaurants, etc..).
- Development and maintenance of relationships with accounts on & off trade, buyers (distributors as The Spanish Meats and key customers as Tienda.com) and Chefs.
- Support for the distribution network. Search for new distribution channels.
- Visit and development of new accounts / customers in line with priority level: accounts A, B and C
- Coordination with our key customers and visits of the accounts / areas / with improvement proposals
- Support to the implementation of trade and marketing programs (including
launching new products, cutting tools (Berkel), etc.)
- Generate leads and develop brand awareness
- Implementation of events, tastings and demonstrations to the distribution network and new customers
(distributors and retailers), prestigious events in which we sell our brand but also
- Coordination / participation in local trade events at the corporate level, distributor, customer
key and / or consumer. Press conferences, events and sponsorships journalists.
- Promotion of brand visibility in retail outlets (stores + e-Commerce) and on-premise accounts
(Restaurants and Hotels).
- Delivery of training sessions Chefs cutting, trade & consumers
- Weekly and monthly report on sales and analysis or marketing activities’ results
- Support full time dealer (Marky’s and others). Support Florida market with focus on
Miami, but managing a network of distributors for the southern half of the US.
- Coordination with his counterpart based in New York to manage the Northern half of the country
- Environment and partners for the job: Shops (gourmet), specialized foodservice (restaurants & hotels), retail stores
Distributor and Retail Whole-sale, trade events and fairs, New channels (eg Luxury Yacht Charters, Hotels, Catering).
- Strong sales experience in the gourmet food distribution in the Miami / Florida area.
- Established contacts with on and off premise key players (Gourmet Food/ Delicatessen Retail Stores, Hotels, Restaurants, Catering Services, etc…)
- Experience in analyzing point of sales results and efficiency
- Direct Sales (B to C) experience for VIP events would be appreciated. Previous role as brand ambassador could help!
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- Previous experience in working with Europe or Spain would be appreciated.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Beluga, Citarella, Dean & Deluca, Epicure, Fauchon, Hediard, LaDuree, LeNotre, Marky’s, Modena, Olivelle, Osborne, Petrossian, Pierre Herme
- Appreciated previous titles: Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Account Executive, Territory Manager, On Premise Manager.