|Job Title||Senior Manager of Retail Operations|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Miami, FL 33131|
|Industry||Travel Retail Operator / Duty Free Retailer|
|Channel||Travel Retail / Duty Free|
|Reporting to||Americas CFO|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible|
|Salary||USD $90k base|
|Benefits||Health Insurance, 401k etc...|
Our client for this Senior Manager or Retail Operations role is an international wholesaler and retailer, with an office in Miami in charge of developing their business across the americas.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible to provide leadership and vision to the organization by initially developing, coordinating and managing the operations team for the retail cruise line business. This position will eventually have the same responsibilities for the retail airport business in the North American region. The Senior Manager Operations ensures that store operations are efficient, effective and meet the overall financial goals and objectives of the Company. This position will be a key factor in leading the company to become the preferred player/partner in the region.
This is a fast growing operation and we are looking for a very analytical retail professional with great ambition and potential to keep on growing with the company. The position requires a strong business acumen and and strong analytical skills more than a long field experience.
- Manage and support the operation team for all retail outlets across North America. Initially this will be focused on our retail locations on a specific cruise line and will expand to other retail locations within the cruise line and airport industry.
- Assist in the development of sales, salary, expense and inventory budgets and forecasts by location.
- Achieve respective ship and airport sales and profit targets.
- Keep appropriate and continuous communication with different functions within the business such as:
- Collaborating with Marketing to monitor field information and trends in markets, customers, products, prices, channels and competition.
- Ensure execution of marketing plans and major launches and identifying areas for promotion and the ability to tackle and resolve technical and logistic issues.
- Liaising with Human Resources on issues including but not limited to, recruitment, training performance management and appraisals.
- Work with buying and replenishment to optimize inventory levels to ensure required stock coverage for sales, financial targets, vendor requirements and overall presentation standards.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the company.
- In charge of weekly and monthly reporting as defined by the Company.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the field of sales or operations management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, employee development and performance management skills – able to motivate team.
- Knowledge of current and developing trends in retail operations.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Focus on compliance and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with key customer and Company personnel – strong team player.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Willing to travel
- Appreciated previous roles: Area Manager, Regional Retail Manager Head of Retail, Senior Manager of Retail Operations
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s